Learn to reverse weight gain due to menopause with this book.
Women who have gone through or are currently experiencing menopause often have complaints of the many changes their bodies go through. There are some prescriptions as well as natural methods that you can use to ease some of the symptoms. Menopause Reset! is a new book written by Dr. Mickey Harpaz and Robert Wolff that offers a way to reverse weight gain, speed fat loss and get your body back in three simple steps. The information in this book has been scientifically proven and will help women control some of the effects of menopause. These solutions include diet and exercise that will keep your body in the fat burning zone throughout the day and balances out blood sugar levels. Tens of thousands of women have used the methods in this book to reverse weight and fat gain due to menopause in place of controversial hormone replacement therapy.
This book teaches women about their metabolic mechanisms and how to properly manipulate them to lose weight. The program is easy and involves just three steps. The three steps of the program are:
- Reset Your Mind-Set!
- Reset Your Diet!
- Reset Your Movement!
- Includes life changing testimonials
- Program has worked on tens of thousands of women
- Program based on years of research
- Helps you lose weight and burn fat without hormone replacement therapy
- Encourages proper diet and exercise
- Program is only three steps
- Explains why diet plans don’t work
- Promises higher energy levels
- Decreases stress levels
- Targets women going through menopause only
The three simple steps that encompass Menopause Reset! include reset your mind-set, reset your diet and reset your movement. Below is a summary of each of the first two elements:
Reset Your Mind-Set!
This step allows you to work on the most important weapon you will need for success – your mind. This step addresses the psychological changes that menopausal women go through. There are four strategies involved with the mental reset – harness the power of desire, think of today as the beginning, know your triggers in order to reduce stress and set your sights and stay the course.
Reset Your Diet!
Resetting your diet starts with rebooting your body’s fat-burning machine. You will relearn how to eat nutrients in the right proportions to make your body a fat-burning machine. You have to stop the eating behaviors that have previously kept your body from burning fat and losing weight. Some of the things that will cause an increase in blood sugar leading to weight gain include skipped meals or delayed food intake, eating a large quantity of food at a meal, an increase in simple sugar intake, double carbohydrate intake in one serving, and lack of exercise. The key to resetting your diet is to raise your metabolism and avoid blood sugar spikes.
There are five ways to prevent blood sugar spikes including eat every two hours, keep your intake of foods with high simple sugar content low, avoid large portions and second helpings of food, avoid double carbs or large portions of single carbs in one meal, and exercise every day. You must eat on this program and eat often so that your body stays fueled and doesn’t go into starvation mode. Two very important directions are don’t skip any meals, and eat more than 1,000 calories each day. There are two weeks of menus contained in the book. Below is a sample menu that you might follow during one day on Menopause Reset!:
- Breakfast: Cereal with fat-free, 1% or 2% milk; 1 piece of fruit
- Morning snack: 1 banana
- Lunch: Tuna, chicken or turkey on a fresh green salad with vinegar and oil, lemon juice or any low-fat or fat-free dressing plus 1 slice of bread of your choice
- Whole wheat pretzels
- Dinner: Broiled fish, brown rice and asparagus
The exercise component of Menopause Reset! is the Reset Your Movement! Portion of the book. Dr. Harpaz speaks of the different things that can keep you gaining weight and focuses on the importance of using exercise to lose weight and keep it off permanently. Using the workout strategies in this book, you can keep your metabolism high throughout the day. The elements you will learn to properly execute are the mode, duration, frequency, time of day and type of exercise that you do. All of these elements can make a difference in the results you receive.
The key recommendation to avoid injury is to incorporate a training/rest workout system. For every four to six weeks of training, take one complete week off with no working out at all. When you start the new workout cycle after having a week of rest, you should start at 30 percent below the level your last training cycle ended. Some of the key elements to remember when exercising with the Menopause Reset! strategy are:
- Exercise in the morning – Research shows that morning exercise can positively change your metabolic rate for the rest of the day
- Make your cardio sessions last at least 30 to 45 minutes – Fat burning does not happen until after the first 15 to 20 minutes of exercise
- Use the thermogenic effect – Studies show that there is an increase in the metabolic rate of five to 10 percent after exercise and can last for eight to 12 hours
- Exercise every day – The more you do within reason, the better your results will be
Menopause Reset! offers some great remedies for those who are fighting the effects of menopause. The methods that are used by Dr. Harpaz have helped thousands of women not only lose weight but keep it off. You will eat healthier foods, eat more often and enjoy more physical activity with this program. It is not a diet because diets don’t work. Instead this program offers a way of life that will give you a healthy outcome.ABOUT RODALE
Reset menopause, menapause reset, minoapausse reset, mnopause reset