Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty
Live Raw: Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty is a raw foods recipe book written by Mimi Kirk. Kirk was named one of PETA's sexiest vegetarians over 50. The book emphasizes the difference between eating healthy foods and dieting, and also provides beauty advice. There are over 120 recipes that are all Kirk's unique creations.
The book also includes instructions for a three to five raw day detox and advice on how to look and feel young at any age.
- Raw food is made with healthy, whole ingredients
- Raw recipes are also vegan and vegetarian
- Can provide inspiration for new ways to eat more fruits and vegetables
- Includes a nutritional guide to help people who are new to the raw diet combine the foods for proper nutrition
- Many people find raw diets too restrictive
- Plant-based diets lack are extremely vitamin B12
All of the foods in Live Raw are vegan and raw, which means they are not heated or cooked at high temperatures. Supporters of raw diets argue that cooking plants damages their nutritional value. Many of the recipes can be made in a blender, but those who are serious about typically also use a juicer. Some recipes also require a dehydrator. There are recipes for main courses, salads, condiments, smoothies, juices and sweets.
- Basic Green Smoothie
- Watermelon-Honeydew Smoothie
- Seaweed Salad
- Mashed Parsnips and Cauliflower
- Cashew Hummus
- Pimento Cheese
- Almond Cookies
- Apple Pie
Live Raw is a recipe book and does not offer exercise guidelines.CONCLUSION
Mimi Kirk herself is a kind of living testament to the raw food diet, which has helped ease her arthritis, lose weight and have more energy at the age of 70. Although all the recipes in this book are raw, they can be enjoyed by vegan, vegetarians and non-vegetarians as well. For some one starting a raw diet, this book is great resource. For anyone looking to lose weight, Live Raw can provide fun new recipes to try that are high in nutritional value.Common Misspellings
living raw, live raw diet, live raw cookbook