Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day
So you can have your bread and eat it too.
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day is a book written by Jeff Hertzberg, M.D. and Zoe Francois. This book is a follow-up to their first book which offered a simple, adaptable artisan bread recipe. This book offers 100 recipes for healthy bread baked with whole grains, fruits, vegetables and gluten-free ingredients.
In this book, Hertzberg and Francois provide tips for people who want to eat healthier without giving up the bread they love. Hertzberg, a physician with a strong interest in baking. His experience with preventive health and medicine sparked a quest to apply the techniques of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day (2007) to healthier ingredients in Healthy Bread in Five Minute a Day (2009).
Zoë Francois is a pastry chef trained at the Culinary Institute of America who teaches baking & pastry courses nationally, consults to the food industry & is the creator of the recipe blog www.zoebakes.com.
- Encourages the eating of carbs
- Designed for those that love carbs
- Co-written by a physical
- Book includes 100 recipes
- Book encourages eating and cooking with whole, fresh foods
- Contradicts the bad rap that carbs have been given in the past
- Is not a structured weight-loss program
- Not every recipe is accompanied by a photo.
- Some ingredients may be difficult to find in conventional grocery stores or markets.
- Recipes are limited to bread and bread-based dishes such as flatbread and pizza.
Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day is an excellent resource for intermediate to advanced home cooks and bakers who want to indulge in bread, flatbread, pizza and pastries baked with fresh, healthy ingredients.
While the bread recipes are simple and quick, some of the recipes have lengthy ingredient lists comprised of whole foods like quinoa, vegetable purees, dates, oatmeal and whole-wheat flours.
- Quinoa Bread
- Toasted Millet and Fruit Bread
- 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice Bread
- Carrot Bread
- Avocado-Guacamole Bread
- Sweet Potato and Spelt Bread
- Oatmeal Date Bread
- Apple Barley Bread
- Rosemary Flax Baguette
This book does not address exercise but encourages an overall balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.CONCLUSION
Overall, Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day is a creative, cookbook that offers numerous delicious recipes for baking healthier and more nutritious bread. Though this is not a structured weight loss plan, these recipes can help you incorporate some of your favorite foods into a balanced weight loss or weight maintenance plan.Common Misspellings
Health Bread in Five Minutes a Day, Healthy Bred in Five Minutes a Day, Healthy Bread in Five Mnutes a Day, Helthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day