Gene Smart Diet
Use this diet to reset your genetic history and lose weight.
The Gene Smart Diet: The Revolutionary Eating Plan That Will Rewrite Your Genetic Destiny--And Melt Away the Pounds is a book written by Laura Tucker and Floyd H. Chilton, PhD. This book serves as a challenge to what you think you know about genetics, weight gain and the risk of diseases.
The Gene Smart Diet emphasizes which foods your genes love and work well with. By mixing the right foods and incorporating proper portion sizes, you can set up lasting weight loss and optimal health.
The Gene Smart Diet consists of a five-week program and comes with a complete menu. Each meal and snack is specifically developed so that you’ll feel full and satisfied after eating. The Gene Smart Diet can also help slow down the aging process as well as reduce the likelihood of developing certain diseases.
Author Floyd Chilton, PhD is a founder and former director of Wake Forrest’s program in molecular medicine and currently serves as director of the NIH Brigham and Women’s Center for Botanical Lipids. Author Laura Tucker has written books on a wide range of topics including health and medicine.
- Diet helps you feel satisfied after eating
- Helps reduce the risk of diseases
- Works with your genes to provide optimal health
- Gives a specific solution for fighting genetic diseases and losing weight
- Exercise is recommended along with diet program
- Includes five different diet and exercise plans that can be used
- May just be another healthy-eating, disease-preventing way to eat
The diet program with the Gene Smart Diet focuses on four principles. Those principles include increasing polyphenols, adding omega-fatty acids, increasing fiber and reducing calories. Following these steps insures that you’ll be able to lose weight without feeling hungry. Recipes are included for many of the suggested food items. Overall the diet focuses on eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, crab and shrimp, modest amounts of whole grains, fresh fruit, tons of vegetables and lean meats.
Some of the menu items that are included on the Gene Smart Diet include:
- Breakfast: Vegetable Scramble Wrap or Veggie Frittata
- Lunch: Tuna, Apple and Walnut Salad with Crackers or a Blue Cheese Steak Salad
- Dinner: Cranberried Acorn Squash, Salmon with Lentils Au Gratin or Crab Lasagna Rolls
- Dessert: Apricot Crisp
The exercise component of the Gene Smart Diet is very detailed and fairly easy to follow. The exercise recommendations include:
- Light exercise: (30 minutes) once per week
- Moderate exercise: (30 minutes) two days per week
- Light circuit training: (15/20 minutes) two days per week
- Rest: Two days per week
The Gene Smart Diet is a great way to reduce the risk of certain diseases and get your genes to work with you instead of against you. There are great recipes and an outlined exercise program to help you lose weight and keep it off, which gives other health benefits as well.
The Gene Smart Diet can be a helpful way to combat some of the health conditions you thought were inevitable given your genetic history.Common Misspellings
gene smat diet, gene smart deit, jean smart diet, genetics diet, smart gene diet, gene smarts diet