The family approach to losing weight.
Family Fit is a book written by Dr. John Mayer focusing on healthy activities and foods that can get the entire family involved. Dr. Mayer is a clinical psychologist as well as an author and lecturer.
Family Fit introduces a weight loss program that uses principles to help your whole family have a healthier lifestyle. Family Fit brings the family together through different activities that everyone can enjoy and will help you work toward the physical and emotional health of the entire family. It's not about just losing weight and doing more exercise, the book actually seeks to create a lifestyle change that will help all family members fight obesity and unhealthy habits.
- Lose weight while engaging the entire family
- Great suggestions to incorporate healthy activities for the family
- Success stories included of families
- Includes both diet, exercise and emotional recommendations
- Not easily implemented by all families
- Families with picky eaters may have a difficult time with getting everyone on the eating plan
The food portion is important with Family Fit. Incorporating healthy foods into everyone’s diet is going to play a big part in getting everyone healthy and allowing for weight loss. Some of your family’s favorite recipes can be made over to include healthy alternatives that will give them the nutrients they need.
The specific recipes are contained within the book. Some examples of what you might see could be:
- Breakfast: Whole grain waffles with fresh fruit and honey
- Lunch: Chicken and lettuce wraps with avocado
- Dinner: Whole grain pasta with meat sauce
- Dessert: Low-fat cheesecake
Exercise is also an important component of Family Fit. The book outlines how much easier it is to engage in exercising as a family when the activities are fun rather than labor intensive. Typically families that spend time doing healthy activities together show a healthy weight. There are many different things that can be incorporated to keep the activity levels high. Some prime examples include:
- Family bike rides
- Playing outside in the yard
- Gardening or lawn work
- Family tennis matches
- Family sprint races
- Walking the family dog
- Outdoor sports such as flag football
Family Fit seems to be a great way to get a weight loss regimen incorporated that the entire family will benefit from. Not only will everyone be eating together, cooking together and exercising together, but the increase time spent together will build a closer family bond. The book allows for great results and is a program that families can stick to for the long term to keep weight off and make an important lifestyle change.Common Misspellings
fit family, family fitness, the fit family, family fit book, family fit diet