A mostly vegan recipe source based on seasonal foods.Top Rated Diets of 2017
Clean Food: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source with More Than 200 Recipes for a Healthy and Sustainable You is a mostly vegan cookbook that provides a simple approach to healthier cooking. Containing more than 230 recipes, Clean Food allows you to prepare amazing foods using local, seasonal ingredients.
The cookbook categorizes recipes by spring, summer, fall and winter so that you are aware of which produce is available during certain times of the year. Clean Food does focus mostly on using unprocessed foods, but takes an occasional shortcut using prepared ingredients to save time.
This book includes menu items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even dessert. Some of the prominent ingredients used in the various recipes include whole grains, vegetables, legumes, sea vegetables, nuts and seeds. Clean Food includes an anytime section along with the seasonal sections so you’ll always have something convenient to cook no matter what time of year it is.
Clean Food is authored by Terry Walters who is a Certified Holistic Health Counselor.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2017?
- Includes more than 230 recipes
- Recipes broken out by seasonal availability of ingredients
- Decadent dessert offerings
- Don’t have to be a vegan to love these recipes
- Promotes a healthy, balanced approach to eating
- No pictures of recipes contained
- Several ingredients may be difficult to find for those in small towns or remote areas
- Few main course/entree selections
- Vegan-style diet may not appeal to all
Eating from the Clean Food cookbook will entail mostly a vegan style of foods. You will receive a lot of nutrients from eating produce that is in season and readily available. Using recipes from Clean Food, you can easily create everyday meals for you and your family. The menu items can also be used to accompany other foods you might be planning to fix.
Whether you decide to use a few side items with a meat, or incorporate some total vegan meals into your diet a few times per week, you will find more than enough options within the Clean Food cookbook. For those that may choose to do a day’s worth of meals from the cookbook, you might have:
- Breakfast: Scrambled tofu, mixed fruit salad
- Lunch: Carrot ginger soup, quinoa and black bean salad with apricot lime dressing
- Dinner: Green bean and fingerling potatoes with lemon dill dressing, marinated bitter greens
- Dessert: Banana coconut chocolate chip cookies
Clean Food is a cookbook, so there aren’t any particular recommendations on an exercise program. The cookbook is designed to help aid in healthier eating and food preparation. If you are using this cookbook as a means to lose weight, any exercise regimen you choose would likely complement it well. There are no specific suggestions for exercise though.CONCLUSION
Overall, Clean Food seems to be a cookbook that offers hundreds of ideas for cooking and eating healthier. You can easily break down which foods to eat in accordance with the season. And although most of the recipes are vegan, you don’t have to be a strict vegan to take advantage of the foods.Common Misspellings
clear food, clean foods, clean food cookbook, clean food diet, clean food recipes, vegan diet, clean food vegan cookbookHow Does Clean Food Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements