A robust online health and weight loss resource powered by About.com.Top Rated Diet Pills of 2016
We all know by now how easy it is to simply plug in the name of a food in an online search box and receive its nutritional information. And while there are numerous calorie-counting websites, not all of them are complete and comprehensive resources for everything you need to meet your calorie goals, boost your nutrition, share and read health-minded tips and get all the updates and news on foods are best for your health.
Calorie Count is more than just a online calorie calculator.
It was created to provide you with all the guidance and support you need for a healthy lifestyle -- one that you'll enjoy leading every day. Their approach is based on the fact that every dieting person is different, and one diet solution won't work for everyone.
It has a built-in intuitive nature that quickly identifies which foods you will like, which recipes you might love to cook and its strong emphasis on community will put you in touch with other like-minded health enthusiasts.
With Calorie Count, you can create your own account, free of charge, powered by About.com, to learn about eating well, exercising, managing your weight and networking with others just like you. Calorie Count is jam-packed with valuable tools and resources to guide you on a successful path.
Some of the notable features of Calorie Count are:
Personalized Diet and Weight Loss Tools
- Body Mass Index Calculator
- Burn Meter
- Daily caloric expenditure/target
- Customizable nutrition settings
- Calorie Coach - provides healthy time frame to reach your goal
- Detailed nutritional analysis of users' daily food choices
- Logs to track daily caloric intake
- Ability to track users' weight history and activity expenditure
- Nutrition Report
- Graphs and charts that show daily nutrition intake and needs
Food and Recipe Database
- Ability to search food from restaurants, supermarkets, home-cooked meals, and user-submitted recipes
- More than 100,000 searchable items
- Instant analysis of a recipe's nutritional information
- Social networking capabilities include profiles for each member, personal journals, and direct messaging.
- 1,900,000+ Calorie Count Members
Calorie Count Blog
- Features daily dieting articles and other helpful health and nutritional information.
- Calorie Count's Director of Nutrition, Mary Hartley, answers users' questions with "Ask Mary"
EDITOR’S TIP: Combine this supplement with a proven fat burner as Sletrokor for better results
- Service is completely free
- More than 2,000,000 members
- Subsidiary of About.com, owned by the New York Times
- Online weight loss plans yield much success
- Does not promote any one diet
- Content provided by diet/nutrition professionals
- Members have access to tools like calorie counter, nutrition facts, recipe swap and exercise routines
- Emphasizes community and users own personal diet preferances
- Some critics say the forum and message boards can contain misinformation and mislead members
Being that Calorie Count is focused on helping you monitor calories for effective weight loss, food is pretty important. There are several valuable tools available to help you along the way.
Food Log: Record the foods you eat daily. It will automatically count the calories for you, as well as use this to make suggestions for meals. The log will not only search out generic-termed foods (grilled chicken), but will also identify popular restaurant and brand name choices (Wendy's Grilled Chicken Sandwich).
Recipe Search: Search hundreds of recipes from the site's pre-built list, or add your own recipes. The site will analyze the nutrition facts for your recipe as well as share it with the community. Each recipe includes the nutrition facts, an A-F nutrition grade, good vs. bad points and serving size. You also have the option to save the recipe to your account.
Recipe Analyzer: Simply add or look for your favorite recipe and learn its nutrition facts.
Nutrition Facts: Review the nutrition facts, including calories, for more than 110,000 foods.
When you sign-up for your free account, you'll complete a diet profile, which includes a list of your favorite foods. From there, you receive recommendations for how to use the site as well as what foods and recipes correspond to your preferences. Once your diet profile is determined, you can give and receive support from other Calorie Count members and experts.EXERCISE
Calorie Count provides a library of tools and plans to help you achieve success by staying active. There are a number of ways to build a plan to stay active. Some of these options are:
You can follow the pre-built 12-Week Weight Loss Program, created by a fitness and nutrition expert. This program guides you step-by-step through 12 weeks of progressively changing exercises. It incorporates nutrition, as well.
Build your own plan for a customized approach. The template is guided by a fitness expert with a wide variety of options that are sensitive to your experience level.
With so many diet and weight loss programs available on the Web, Calorie Count stands out as an impressive competitor. Focused on catering to your individual needs, without gimmicks, Calorie Count provides a valuable and relevant service to its users. Best of all, it's completely free. You'll never pay a single cent, nor will you be hounded by the advertisers.
Calorie Count uses experienced professionals in the nutrition and dieting fields to provide the content found on the site. While the message boards are monitored quite closely, it is still possible for misleading or incorrect information to be posted.
Online dieting has become increasingly popular in recent years. Calorie Count has identified the best parts of this and not only included them, but in some cases improved upon them. With features like the largest free food database on the Web, customized exercise programs, recipe analyzer and active message board, you won't need to go anywhere else to achieve (and maintain) your goals.Common Misspellings
Calorie Counting, Calories Count, Colories Count, Calorie Cont, Calorie Counts, CalorieCount.com, Calorie-Count.com