Ancient Grains for Modern Meals
Incorporate more grains into your diet through these recipes with Mediterranean flavor.Top Rated Diets of 2016
Ancient Grains for Modern Meals is a cookbook that offers an insightful and delicious approach to using whole gains in cooking. This cookbook, written by food writer Maria Speck introduces you to grains as a food group and shows how incredibly versatile they can be. Whole grains have a long history and this cookbook will show you how to prepare and incorporate classics like polenta, barley and wheat berries. Although Ancient Grains for Modern Meals focuses on whole grains, the recipes showcase some other fantastic ingredients and pair them with whole grains.
The recipes vary from rustic to elegant and are great for those that want to eat a balanced diet. Integrating whole grains into your diet does not have to be a time consuming process or complicated. These recipes involve natural ingredients and are inspired by Mediterranean spices and flavors.
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2016?
- All recipes focus on using whole grains
- Whole grains have been linked to better health and can aid in weight loss
- Book written by a food writer
- Recipes have a Mediterranean flair
- Recipes use natural ingredients in moderation
- Uses both quick cooking grains and slower whole grains
- Mediterranean nature of recipes may not appeal to everyone
Ancient Grains for Modern Meals offers delicious recipes and shows you how to incorporate more grains into your everyday cooking. The author gives you a personal selection of the whole grains she likes to eat and grew up eating. The recipes in this book are not what many would consider traditional, but they do draw specifically from Mediterranean culture. These dishes draw from the author’s German background as well. Some of the delicious recipes you will see in Ancient Grains for Modern Meals include:
- Creamy Farro with Honey-Roasted Grapes
- Barley Salad with Figs and Tarragon-Lemon Dressing
- Lamb Stew with Wheat Berries in Red Wine Sauce
- Purple Rice Pudding with Rose Water Dates
- Bittersweet Koliva
- Orange Polenta with Honey-Mascarpone Topping
- Warm Muesli with Figs, Pistachios and Anise
- Apricot-Lemon Bars with Cherries
There is no exercise guidance with Ancient Grains for Modern Meals.CONCLUSION
There are some major benefits to incorporating more whole grains into your diet. Ancient Grains for Modern Meals takes on the approach that you can learn to use grains while also infusing your foods with flavor. This book doesn’t serve as a guide to whole grains or anything like that. Instead it showcases some of the author’s favorite flavors from her childhood as well as her Mediterranean and German heritage.Common Misspellings
ancint grains for moder meals, ancient grians for modern meals, acnient grains for moderne mealsHow Does Ancient Grains for Modern Meals Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements
Ancient Grains for Modern Meals?