A trusted Japanese approach to healthy living.Top Rated Diets of 2017
A traditional Asian eating style is irrefutably healthy. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average lifespan of a Japanese citizen is 82 years, while for those in the U.S. it is 78. So the fact that there's a diet named after the Okinawan islands should surprise nobody.
The authors of the bestselling books The Okinawa Program and The Okinawa Diet Plan now have an online plan called The Okinawa Diet. In it, they espouse the following key points for healthy living, weight loss and longevity:
- Eat the right carbs, the right fats and the right proteins
- Always feel full with a healthy level of calories
- The Okinawa Diet also mixes in Western foods
- Lose fat, not healthy body mass
The standout element of the strategy is how it addresses "calorie density." That's the amount of calories in a given amount of food. So, a calorically dense food (like bacon) won't give you as much "bang for your buck" as something that could equally fill you up with less calories (like tuna).
Do You Know the Best Diets of 2017?
- The Okinawa Diet website documents success stories
- It addresses the psychological aspect of your diet, by recommending that you journal
- The plan offers vegetarian alternatives
- You get a shopping list generator
- There's support with message boards and emailing the site's experts
- Promotes exercise
- While it's a very minor point, it would be nice to have visual evidence coincide with the testimonialsd
The Okinawa Diet has found a way to fuse Eastern and Western foods to create a wholly nutritious eating plan, to help you live a healthy life, and maintain a healthy weight.
You'll eat a combination of the "right" carbs, proteins, fats, fiber and fluids. You'll want unprocessed foods, like fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. You'll consume heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, found in olive oil, avocado and nuts, and remove unhealthy saturated and trans fat- found in over processed foods and animal fats. You'll seek protein sources like chicken and fish. The Okinawa Diet has an emphasis on high fiber foods, like the fresh produce and whole grains, and this provides satiety. Finally, you'll remove beverages that are chalked full of sugar like soda and fruit juice and instead drink water and black or green teas.
Here's are some example recipes given from the Okinawa Diet.
- Nasi Goreng Ayam (Chicken Rice)
- Oven-Grilled Scallop and Napa Cabbage Casserole
- Okinawan Blueberry Pancakes
- Zesty Potatoes Wasabi Style
- Beef Teriyaki with Cabernet Sauce
The Okinawa Diet site recommends a balanced exercise regimen that includes strength and cardio training. The site's health assessment will determine a proper fitness strategy.CONCLUSION
At first glance, one might think of the Okinawa Diet as a trendy diet, but it's actually based on sound nutritional principles that have been proven in the Japanese populous. And since the cost is quite reasonable, this is an excellent plan for anyone who would like to have an eating plan that specializes in Eastern cuisine.Common Misspellings
okinowa diet, akinawa diet, the okinawa diet, okinawa island diet, okinawa's dietHow Does Okinawa Diet Compare?
Featured Diets and Supplements