A vitamin-packed weight loss supplement.
Cylaris is one of the many vitamin-based supplements manufactured by Iovate Health, the Canadian vita-giant that also produces the "MD" lline, including, but not limited to, Joint MD, Allergy MD, Sleep MD, etc. Claiming to be the "world's most powerful" weight loss supplement, Cylaris is meant to be taken as an oral supplement, two capsules a day, two times per day, before meals.
- Cylaris is easy to take
- Website support includes testimonials with users enjoying a reasonable and healthy weight loss of not more than 1.5 pounds per week for women, 2 pounds per week for men
- High levels of B-vitamins and three sources of caffeine for extra energy
- Ingredients, such as green tea extract, have been shown to be effective appetite suppressants
- Recommended six mini-meals is a healthy approach to eating
- Mind-boggling amounts of vitamins and caffeine could make most users feel sick upon consumption
- Body will acclimate to levels of supplements in Cylaris and hunger will resume over time
- Sleep may be severely affected, for those who are caffeine and/or stimulant sensitive
- Menu programs recommended by the Cylaris website are more restrictive than most people could follow
Cissus quadrangularis is an herbal supplement not regulated by the FDA.
Cylaris claims to have conducted an 8-week scientific study, but said study is somehow "not available" to the public, and when contacted, a representative to the company admitted that the study is "not yet published."
Two caplets contains:
- Vitamin B-6
- Folic Acid
- Vitamin B-12
- Proprietary Blend
- 3 types of caffeine, including green tea extract
Cylaris encourages a diet rich in healthy foods like whole grains, fresh produce and seafood. You should stay away from fast food.EXERCISE
Website testimonials have activity tips, however, Cylaris is clearly meant to be an oral supplement, and users are on their own to come up with a physical activity plan that works.CONCLUSION
Iovate Health seems to have the "supplement promise" category nailed down, as evidenced by the additional products that they manufacture, including Hydroxycut, RapidSlim, and Smart Burn. The company recommends the supplement to be used for 8 weeks, however testimonials for weight loss are as long as 30 weeks, or 7 months.
Cylaris seems to be a marginally healthy way to get a jump-start on weight loss via massive water loss, however, unless lifestyle changes are maintained for a lifetime, the cost and the jitters are unfortunate side effects.Common Misspellings
Claris, Cilaris, Cylarus