The Biggest Loser At Home Program
Learn to follow the Biggest Loser diet and fitness plan at home with this convenient online program.
- Established: 2004
- Founder: NBC Studios
- Headquarters: New York, New York
- Stock symbol: CMCSA and GE
- Accessibility: Online
- Diet Type: Low-fat, low-calorie
- Gender: Male and female
- Celebrity Endorsements: Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, Dolvett Quince, Anna Kournikova, Alison Sweeney
Since 2004, NBC’s Biggest Loser, one of America’s favorite reality weight loss shows, has inspired people across the country to lose weight. With the Biggest Loser Club, the official weight loss program of the Biggest Loser, you can follow the same diet and fitness plans the contestants follow in the comfort of your own home.
In 2014, The Biggest Loser Club re-released under a newly designed platform, making it easier, faster and more fun to use.
The improved platform includes all-new meal plans and recipes, additional walking and running programs, and a revamped food and exercise tracker. In addition, all of the Biggest Loser Club’s tools are now available for your smartphone and tablet. An express six-week weight loss plan, motivating weight loss progress charts and a food database with 200,000 entries have also been added.
Your membership to the Biggest Loser Club includes access to all of these features as well as the network of support provided by the Biggest Loser community, contestants and experts.
Users should note that, according to Biggest Loser trainer Bob Harper, you will not see the same dramatic results the contestants see. The contestants are in a highly controlled environment for 12 weeks or more, focusing on diet and fitness without the typical stress of daily life, such as work, chores and family. With more 600,000 pounds lost, though, the Biggest Loser Club shows promise to help people lose weight.PRO
- Diet and fitness plans from the show featured
- Biggest Loser trainers, experts and contestants available for support
- Monthly online meetings available for motivation
- Weight loss progress charts available for motivation
- Meal plans, shopping lists and recipes included
- Global food database available with 200,000 entries
- Workouts included
- Users not likely to see same dramatic results as the contestants see on the show
- Meal options are not easily swapped
- Cannot plan meals around food allergies or disliked foods
- Shopping lists are large, intimidating and seemingly expensive
- Workouts are not easily swapped
- Current members lost data for original food and exercise tracker
- Not ideal for people who want to lose weight on a smaller budget
The diet and nutrition plans featured on The Biggest Loser Club are calorie- and portion-controlled for weight loss. By following the recommended meal plan for each day, you will not have to count calories because the platform does it for you. In addition, an integrated food tracker makes adding your meals to your weight loss journal easy.
Whether you choose the regular or the vegetarian meal plan option, you will eat three small meals with various snacks throughout the day.
A typical day on the non-vegetarian meal plan looks like:
- Breakfast: Bran cereal with berries and nonfat milk and a cup of tea
- Lunch: Whole wheat salad sandwich with hummus spread and a nonfat latte
- Dinner: Grilled lamb with a potato and mixed vegetables and a glass of nonfat milk
- Snacks: Fresh fruit, low-fat cheese, brown rice cakes and vegetable sticks
Each weekly menu comes with a customizable shopping list. The automatic shopping list lets you choose how many people you’re cooking for and lets you deselect any food items you already have before loading. The shopping lists are large and intimidating, though, while also possibly costing more than the average person would spend on a weekly menu.
If you do not like a particular meal in your plan or if you cannot find a key ingredient needed for dinner on Thursday night, The Biggest Loser Club provides a massive database of its calorie- and portion-controlled recipes to choose from, including:
- Sweet No-Skin Potatoes
- Corn Fritters with Smoked Salmon
- Easy Shrimp Curry
- Caramel Banana Split
The Recipe Index sorts its recipes into meal categories, such as breakfasts, lunches and main dishes, and is easily searched. However, the Biggest Loser Club platform does not provide a way to swap meals from the Recipe Index into the weekly menu. In addition, the Recipe Index is not integrated into the food tracker so all tracking must be calculated and entered manually. The Biggest Loser Club does not make suggestions for meal swaps for people who might not enjoy a certain food item but does provide swapping guidelines.EXERCISE
The exercise plans featured on The Biggest Loser Club are not as intense as the exercise plans contestants follow on the show and are customized to be integrated into your daily life.
Step-by-step instructions for each exercise plan and support from Biggest Loser trainers help you ease into fitness. For example, instead of exercising three times a week, you will begin with as little as two workouts a week, which you can do at the gym or at home. In addition, the integrated exercise tracker makes it easy to add you workouts to your weight loss journal.
The Biggest Lose Club exercise plans feature:
- Workout videos featuring Biggest Loser trainers
- Programs to help you prepare for the Biggest Loser Run Walk, a new feature
- Beginner through advanced level workouts
When you set up your Biggest Loser Club exercise plan, you will choose between the Biggest Loser At Home program and the Biggest Loser Run Walk program.
The Biggest Loser At Home program includes walking and toning exercises for beginners and for intermediate and advanced workouts featuring workout videos with Biggest Loser trainers. A typical week following the Walk and Tone Beginner exercise plan looks like:
- Monday: 20-minute walk
- Tuesday: Active rest*
- Wednesday: Power Sculpt (workout video)
- Thursday: Active rest
- Friday: Yoga for Weight Loss (workout video)
- Saturday and Sunday: Active rest
*Gentle exercises, such as walking, stretching or swimming, are recommended on active rest days.
The Biggest Loser Run Walk program includes walking and running exercises to prepare you for 5K and 10K races and for half marathons. The first option in the exercise plan is the Walk to Run program. A typical week following the Walk to Run exercise plan looks like:
- Monday: Active rest
- Tuesday: Alternating walking for one minute and running for one minute for 10 rounds
- Wednesday: Runner’s Power Sculpt (workout video)
- Thursday: Alternating walking for one minute and running for one minute for 10 rounds
- Friday: Active rest
- Saturday: Alternating walking for one minute and running for one minute for 10 rounds
- Sunday: 40-minute walk
The Biggest Loser has inspired people across the country to lose weight, and with the Biggest Loser Club, you can follow the same diet and fitness plans the contestants follow on the show.
The improved platform provides easy-to-follow weekly meal and exercise plans that take the guesswork out of preparing meals and counting calories as well as tools and motivational charts to keep you going. The program promises to ease you into eating right and moving more with its customized weight loss solutions but does not promise that you will see the same dramatic weight loss results seen on the Biggest Loser.
While the detailed diet and fitness plans are easy to follow, the cost of the membership as well as the cost of getting a potential gym membership and purchasing expensive food items might be prohibitive to some people who want to lose weight on a budget.Common Misspellings
biggest looser, biggest looser, biggestloser, bigest loser, biggest loser culb, biggesloserclub.com, biggest loser diet, biggest loser's club, biggestloserclub.comAuthor
Related Diets: Biggest Loser: The Workout: 30-Day Jumpstart, Bob Harper, Bob Harper: Are You Ready!, Jillian Michaels, Jillian Michaels: Making the Cut, Biggest Loser Meal Delivery Plan, Believe It, Be It, Biggest Loser Cookbook, Biggest Loser Simple Swaps, Biggest Loser Success Secrets, Fat Chance, Kim Lyons: Your Body, Your Life, The Biggest Loser Complete Calorie Counter, The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook, Biggest Loser Wii Game, Biggest Loser Resort
''The Biggest Loser'' is an American reality television show that began broadcasting on the NBC network on October 19, 2004. The fifth season began January 1, 2008. As of April 2008, NBC is casting for a sixth season.