- Shakeology Review
- Viritenz Review
- Isagenix Review
- Jenny Craig Review
- Protein World Review
- Paleo Diet Review
- Ideal Protein Review
- PhenQ Review
- Weight Watchers Review
- Pure Slim 1000 Review
- Alli Review
- Phen375 Review
- Leptigen Review
- It works Review
- The Thrive Diet Review
- Plexus Slim Review
- Almased Review
- Xyngular Review
- SlimQuick Review
- Relacore Review
- Lipozene Review
- ProbioSlim Review
Tag Archives: weight loss tips
Sometimes, good intentions go horribly wrong. How often does that happen with food and fitness goals? You aim to do the right thing but you don’t quite get it. If only the rules would stop changing! Here are a five diet errors I commonly see. Don’t let them happen to you.
You Eliminate Entire Food Groups
We all need a balanced diet to get a full complement of nutrients. The elimination of an entire food group – be it milk, meat, starchy grains, or whatever – calls for fancy diet maneuvers to make up for missing nutrients. In nutrition school, they teach us that eliminating entire food groups places people at risk for malnutrition.
You Neglect Healthy Fats
The focus is no longer on how low can you go with your fat intake. Those old, low-fat diets were often high in sugar and did not deliver health benefits as well as diets rich in healthy fats. The Mediterranean Diet, featuring nuts and seeds, olive oil and fatty fish, is the way to go. Just remember to eat healthy fats within your calorie budget.
Fitness and weight loss is a science. Personal trainers, coaches, doctors and others in the health field know this, because we’ve studied it at length and have devoted our lives to it.
Unfortunately, most of what the general public knows about weight loss is what they hear on TV, read in magazines or glean from late night infomercials. The problem with that? Everyone is trying to sell you something. They don’t have your best interests at heart. Their goal is to confuse you into thinking they have the one, true answer, when, in fact, everyone knows the answer to weight loss: a healthy diet and consistent exercise.
There are a few insider tid bits that don’t make it to the general public very often, because it doesn’t help anyone sell machines or diet pills or meal plans. Sorry if any of these shatter your weight loss world as you know it, but knowledge is power, folks.
If the winter grey is making your weight loss and health goals look pretty bleak, The Guardian has a dose of rainbow-bright cheer to get you energized again. The new lifestyle series endorses a positive and balanced approach to leading a healthier life.
Start Happy features a variety of “Get Fit for Free” articles, from an eight-week walking plan to ten everyday exercises that you can do around the house. There’s also expert advice on running, walking, outdoor workouts, improving your flexibility and more. There are even workout videos that show you how to ditch the gym and workout at home. They also have inspirational stories about everyday people who are leading exemplary lives, like the story of a 72-year-old yoga instructor.
On this episode, you will hear from real women who have lost more than 500 pounds collectively and have kept it off. Dr. Oz will open up his stage to an amazing group of women who making healthy living and maintaining a lean body weight a lifestyle. (more…)
It’s been nearly three years since I started working from home. It’s a career change that has been all for the better for me, and one that has allowed me to love my job more than any I’ve ever had, and also enjoy my life more than any job has ever allowed me to do. A combination of this job, editor for DietsInReview.com, and the information I’m inundated with day in and day out, plus being at home, has allowed me during the past three years to really reprioritize my health.
How so? You can’t edit, read and research dozens of health, fitness and weight articles a day and not take a second look at yourself, the food in your pantry and how many hours you spend comatose in front of a TV. Also, being at home for the majority of my day and week means I have more flexibility to do the things that are really imperative to living a healthier lifestyle.
As the number of work-at-home business owners and professionals continue to increase, and the trend becomes a mainstay, I thought I’d share a few tips, tricks and secrets for doing so successfully, and using it as an opportunity to overhaul your health while reinventing your career. These are all things I’ve done myself that I hope you find helpful, too. (more…)
Guest blogger Tony Posnanski is the author of The Anti-Jared. Tony struggled with weight loss his whole life until he realized he was not going to be fooled anymore. He has lost more than 200 pounds and maintained it for more than a year. Tony works out six days a week, eats better than before, and has a new outlook on things!
Hi! My name is Tony and I have lost a lot of weight. I have kept off close to 200 pounds for eighteen months! I am working out every day, and I changed the way I eat!
So, I am going to give you my top ten tips on weight loss. Ready…..
Okay, what can I say that you have not heard before? Am I really that much smarter than anyone else? I wonder. Hmmmmm, we know about eating less, moving more. Am I going to be condescending? Ten tips?
Anyway, back to the ten tips on weight loss….. (more…)
Your kitchen is the key to your weight loss success. By simply stocking it with the ingredients for healthy meals and snacks, you won’t be able to make a bad decision, even when those late night munchies hit.
So, what do you keep and what do you toss? Here’s your guide to cleaning out your kitchen and setting yourself up for success:
Grab a garbage bag and toss:
- Drinks with high-fructose corn syrup or sugars, like juices from concentrate.
- High-fat dairy products like cream cheese, heavy cream, full fat milk, cheeses, creamy salad dressings and full-fat yogurts. (more…)
Tune in this Wednesday, March 24 to the Rachael Ray Show when Dr. Ian discusses his best weight loss tips.
Find if two glasses of water could melt away your extra pounds. Dr. Ian Smith is revealing Celebrity Fit Club‘s top three weight loss secrets, and one of this season’s most inspiring contestants shares how he got lasting results.
DietsInReview.com has your bum covered when it comes to having 2010 be the year you meet your health and weight loss goals. So just to make sure you have no excuse not to lose those 10, 20 or 50 pounds, or banish all trans-fats from your diet, here are 101 of our best diet tips to help you finally achieve the health of your dreams.
1. Notice the internal obstacles that keep you from meeting your health goals and work to overcome them. Reach for the Oreos whenever you have a fight with your partner? Work out your emotional stress constructively rather than through food.
2. Investigate what external obstacles are keeping you from achieving your health goals and work around them. Always work late? Get up early to exercise.
3. Add more fiber to your diet and eat your sushi with fiber-packed brown rice rather than plain white.
4. Add slices of fresh cucumber and fresh mint springs to regular water for a clean and refreshing twist on plain old H20.
5. Don’t wait for May to get in shape. Make small health goals all year-round so that you’re always striving to look, be and feel your best, 365 days a year.
6. Use chopped mushrooms in place of ground meat or poultry to save calories, reduce your carbon footprint and give your nutrition a healthy boost.
7. Reduce your environmental impact: Skip the treadmill and hit the trails for your cardio workout.
8. If you don’t already have a strength-training workout routine, commit to one this New Year. If you one already, amp it up and make new muscle-defining goals. Jennifer Aniston’s arms anyone?
9. Side-lined by an injury? Ask your physical therapist about testing out a new low-impact workout like yoga or Pilates to maintain your shape and your mood.
10. Use caution with diet supplements, as many of them have been linked to side effects and potentially dangerous ingredients. (more…)