Hoodia still seems to be the latest “it girl” in the world of diet supplements. From what I have been able to determine through hours of research is the following:
1. Make sure that the manufacturer of the Hoodia product reveals all ingredients. There is some speculation that Hoodia is most effective when taken on its own, so it is important to know what you are taking. Especially if the product is combined with a thermogenic product like green tea.
2. Look for a producer that specifies Hoodia sourced from the stem, and not the root, which is a cheap and ineffective filler for unscrupulous Hoodia makers.
3. If buying online, look for a stamp, or a seal, that shows the Hoodia has been “certified authentic”. One of the main certifiers goes by the acronym C.I.T.I.E.S., and seems to have the most respect of supplement reviewers at this time.
4. Beware of online “free trial” offers that lock you into an auto-ship program. Some of these have been reported as very difficult to get out of, with the shipper continually re-billing and re-shipping, even though you have asked them to stop.
5. Look for a minimum strength level of 750 mg. As long as the Hoodia meets criteria #1, you should see immediate results with this product in appetite suppression and mood enhancement.
If you are looking for an all-natural way to combat cravings and late-night snacking, Hoodia may be just the thing. Is it working for you? Let us know!