By Erin Whitehead for FitBottomedGirls.com
Whether you’re training for a marathon, sprinting to a lover or running from the cops, this hodge-podge running playlist will get you moving. And with a total run time (run time…get it? Ha!) of just less than 37 minutes, it’s the perfect length for any running or jogging workout!
Running Music Playlist
1. Running, No Doubt: Warm up with a slow walk, picking up the pace during the choruses.
2. Born to Run, Bruce Springsteen: Although we may not have all been born to run, this tune is perfect for building up to a jog, whether you’re a beginner runner or an Olympic athlete.
3. Ready to Run, Dixie Chicks: When the Dixie Chicks are ready ready ready ready to run, you should run faster, too.
4. Let’s Get It Started, Black Eyed Peas: Let the chorus be your guide. Get a sprint started when the Peas want to “get it started in here” and recover between the choruses.
5. Play, David Banner: Be warned, the explicit version is explicit. Enjoy this steady song and maintain your pace.
6. Break My Stride, Blue Lagoon: This version’s a little more fast-paced than the original, so feel free to pick up the pace again.
7. Runnin’ Down a Dream, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Recover from your last push for the first half of this song, then pick up the pace again.
8. Run For Your Life, The Beatles: Pick up the momentum here for a minute, then recover before your last push.
9. Police On My Back, The Clash: Speed up your pace for the last time here, pushing yourself when they start listing all the days of the week they run.
What’s your favorite song to run to?