This past week a federal judge repealed the Ohio law banning “rbST free” and “rbGH free” milk labels. The court further ruled that milk from cows treated with hormones is constitutionally different from hormone-free milk, overturning the FDA’s finding that there is “no significant difference” between the two. The 17-year-old study was much-touted by those in the dairy industry who use artificial hormones to increase their production.
The Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit cited the following three differences in milk from cows treated with rbST and rbGH:
- Higher counts of somatic cells, which means there’s more pus in the milk
- A period of milk with lower nutritional quality during each lactation
- Increased levels of the hormone IGF-1, which is an insulin-like growth factor
Read Full Post >
Cincinnati is the third largest city in Ohio and is home to the Cincinnati Reds and Cincinnati Bengals. The 300,000 plus Cincinnati population is located near the Ohio River and borders the Kentucky state line. Here’s one for you: the Cincinnati airport is actually in Kentucky. Figure that one out!
Anyway, fitness is big in Cincinnati, and there are several amazing fitness facilities in and around town to prove it. Check out the best gyms in Cincinnati below!
Best Gyms In Cincinnati:
- LA Fitness: LA Fitness has a booming facility near the Hamilton township and I would personally recommend it anyone. My brother lives in Cincinnati and I have had the privilege to workout at this amazing facility. With extremely reasonable membership rates, you can’t afford to let this gym pass you by. Check it out today!!
- YMCA: Surprisingly, Cincinnati has a great YMCA base. The YMCA encourages family fitness and allows the entire family to join due to the inexpensive membership rates. The Cincinnati YMCA is perfect for those of you who are serious about fitness and need a top of the line child care program.
Read Full Post >