- After eating prepackaged salad, 221 people in Nebraska and Iowa have contracted the stomach parasite cyclospora.
- Hundreds more have contracted the diarrhea bug in 13 other states, though the cause is unknown.
- Iowa’s Food and Consumer Safety Bureau claims the parasitic salad has been removed from shelves, but as of this morning no recall had been announced on the FDA’s website.
- Cyclosporiasis also causes fatigue, weight loss, stomach cramps, vomiting, aches and fevers, and without antibiotics, symptoms can linger for months.
- According to the CDC, leafy greens are the number one cause of food poisoning because they’re exposed to the elements and eaten raw.
Get More Information: ABC News
Read Full Post >