Tired of your old, boring workout routine and searching for a new and enjoyable one? Today, I am going to discuss the top five exercises that burn calories like it is going out of style.
1. Swimming Workouts are a fun and enjoyable activity for almost anyone and burns up to 700 calories per hour.
2. Running stairs adds a new twist to your cardio routine and burns up to 700 per hour calories as well.
3. Boxing is a great total body exercise and burns around 900 calories per hour.
4. Snow skiing or snowboarding burn 600 to 700 calories per hour, depending on your weight, but is expensive and the mountains are not always right next door. It is still a great workout and helps reduce a great deal of stress.
5. Running, the best of both worlds. Although rough on the joints, it is by far the best fat burning exercise for the body. Running burns up to 1,000 calories per hour, depending on how fast and far you are running.
In the first minute of the first round of this 1965 fight, Muhammad Ali knocked-out Sonny Liston.
“I am the greatest!!” “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!” These are a couple quotes from the greatest boxer of all time. Today I am going to take a closer look at the workouts and lifestyle of Muhammad Ali. I actually had the opportunity to visit with him at his home in Michigan a few years ago. My family is from the same area, which allowed for the amazing opportunity. He is currently suffering from Parkinson’s Syndrome, which is affecting his speech and loco-motor movement (walking).
During his prime, he would get up during the five o’clock hour to do some light stretching before he ran his six miles. After his run, he would get washed up and eat. His diet consisted of all natural foods such as chicken, steak, green beans and other vegetables, potatoes, fruit, 100% juices, and plenty of water. Mr. Ali hit the gym every afternoon for about three hours for training. His training consisted of the following: (more…)