So you want to eat like a Loser? Then Simply Sensible meals seem like an easy solution. You’ve probably seen them in your grocery store, in the refrigerated prepared meals section. They’re relatively affordable, about five dollars for a meal that will feed two people.
But are they really that good for you? We spoke with Cheryl Forberg, RD, the nutritionist for Biggest Loser, and she told us that she was involved with the creation of the Simply Sensible meals, albeit “not in the kitchen.” We also spoke with Mary Hartley, RD, the nutrition director at Calorie Count, for a more third-party voice.
“Anything with the Biggest Loser brand is something I look at,” Forberg told us about her involvement with the show’s branded foods items. “This is especially true of the [Biggest Loser] eating plan because I co-wrote it.”
Forgerg explained that the meals were developed based on the Biggest Loser eating plan, a balance of lean protein, carbs, and good fats. (more…)
The Biggest Loser has taken the guess work out of one more weight loss stumbling block with the introduction of their new Biggest Loser Simply Sensible Entrees. These low calorie and healthy packaged entrees, when combined with a cup of vegetables, make a well-balanced, low-calorie, healthy meal. Certified by the American Heart Association, the pre-portioned meals are always fresh, never frozen, and ready in minutes to save you time and calories.
Created by chef Calvin Harris, Simply Sensible Entrees are available in five fresh and delicious flavors:
- Beef Pot Roast with Mashed Potatoes, 220 calories per serving, 2 servings per package
- Lasagna with Meat Sauce, 200 calories per serving, 2 servings per package
- Mediterranean-Style Chicken Boneless Chicken Breast with rib meat in a White Wine & Rosemary Sauce and Bowtie Pasta, 250 calories per serving, 2 servings per package
- Beef Tips and Gravy with Brown Rice, 200 calorie per serving, 2 servings per package
- Zing Chicken Boneless Chicken Breast with rib meat in a Sweet & Spicy Asian-Style Sauce and Brown Rice, 230 calories per serving, 2 servings per package