Dallas is the ninth largest city in the nation and the third largest in Texas. It’s population is around 1.3 million and the economy seems to be doing just fine in today’s world. The Dallas area is home to the Cowboys (football), Mavericks (basketball), Stars (hockey), and Texas Rangers (baseball), all of which are among the top competitors season after season. The Dallas climate is usually a humid, subtropical one, with hot summers and mild winters. Dallas is a great city and is pretty up to date on the fitness industry, as well.
Below are the best gyms in and around the Dallas area:
- Equinox: One of the best gyms in Dallas, as well as the rest of the nation. From booming personal training and fitness classes to top-of-the-line fitness equipment, if you are looking for a great place to exercise and meet new people, this gym is for you! (more…)
Miami is South Florida’s mecca for entertainment, music, fashion, film, and performing arts. It’s also known for its wealth of outdoor activities, making it ideal for an active lifestyle. Fitness is a big part of this coastal city, and below are some of the best gyms in and around the Miami area.
Best Gyms in Miami:
- Downtown Athletic Club: Voted “Top 10 Best Fitness Centers in the Country” by MSN. This facility has been in business for almost 30 years and is still helping change lives. If you are looking for a phenomenal place to work out near downtown, this club is for you.
- David Barton Gym: From the cutting edge fitness equipment to the state of the art facility, this gym is beyond comparison. Live DJs and ocean view spa make this gym worth every penny. If you have never checked out this facility, do so as soon as possible.
- Equinox: Equinox is again at the top of the list. This health club is one of the best in the nation and the friendly atmosphere is there to back it up. Memberships are a little high, but totally worth it!
Other noteworthy gyms in the Miami area include:
New York City is the most populated city in the United States with a population of 8.4 million people. The greater New York City metropolitan population is much higher, with just over 22 million residents. Everything in New York is big, including fitness. Below are the top gyms and health facilities in and around the New York City area. (more…)
San Francisco, California is the 12th most populated city in the nation with just over 810,000 people. It’s known for the Golden Gate Bridge and numerous steep rolling hills.
The city’s residents take their fitness seriously. And many of them keep up their healthy lifestyle at some of the top gyms and health clubs in the Bay Area.
Best Gyms In San Francisco:
- Equinox – This health club is among the most exclusive in the nation. Equinox provides its members with state-of-the-art equipment and top-notch fitness classes. If you have never exercised at an Equinox facility, you are definitely missing out! (more…)
Seattle, Washington is a major seaport and the largest city in the Northwest. Known as the “Emerald City,” Seattle has a metropolitan population of more than four million. It’s also ranked as one of the most car congested cities in the United States. Besides the vehicular congestion, Seattle is actually an extremely health conscious city. Below is a list of the best gyms and health clubs in and around the Seattle area.
Best Gyms in Seattle:
- Seattle Fitness – A state-of-the-art facility that offers top-notch personal training and a wide range of fitness classes. Memberships go for about $39 a month. (more…)
Los Angeles is a booming sprawling metropolis with about 17 million residents. No wonder traffic is horrible morning, day, and night.
The fitness business is going strong there, with thousands of personal trainers who are able to take advantage of the beaches, mountains, and amazing year-round weather to train outside of the gym setting. Although the majority of personal trainers freelance, others choose the gym setting to make a living. (more…)
Las Vegas, Nevada is one of the fittest and most health-conscious cities that I have ever lived. With a population of just more than 600,000, Sin City has a plethora of amazing fitness facilities that are jam-packed morning and night.
One of the most booming health clubs is the Las Vegas Athletic Club. It has six clubs in the Las Vegas area and each one has a steady membership base. It’s a step above most health clubs due to the hundreds upon hundreds of cardiovascular machines equipped with either personal televisions or cardio theater. It also offers a large variety of the best weight training machines, indoor running track, indoor pools, and tons of fitness classes for all fitness levels. For only $22 a month, this Vegas health club can’t be beat. (more…)