It used to be that the only thing you could eat at the ballpark were hot dogs, caramel corn, peanuts and beer. But as service industries try in earnest to appeal to the health and eating patterns of the American culture, even the great American pastime is listening and acting.
Just this past week, Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies, joined forces with ARAMARK, the exclusive food and beverage provider, to create a gluten-free concession stand. Filled with items like hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, chips, cookies, soda and even beer, each item is free of the allergy-provoking protein. Coors Field’s gluten-free stand is the first of its kind amongst all Major League Baseball stadiums.
Read Full Post >
Family outings and reunions are very popular this time of year and sometimes can be rather boring if you’re not at the lake or other hot spot. I love being outdoors and playing games with the family to waste away a nice relaxing weekend. But make sure to stay well hydrated during the day to avoid any serious injury.
Top Outdoor Family Games/Activities
1. Swimming- Hit that local pool with the family; nothing better than a nice dip on a hot summer day.
2. Playing Catch- Playing catch with a football/baseball is a good way to bond with one another.
3. Volleyball- Set up a small volleyball net in the yard and get a quick game going; fun for all.
3. Basketball- Shoot some hoops or have a nice game of “HORSE”.
4. Croquet- Great game for the entire group; make sure to look up the rules because it’s more fun if you know how to play.
5. Horseshoes- Put a couple rods down and have a good round of shoes; great partner game.
6. Washers- Kind of like horseshoes and challenging as well.
7. Frisbee- Fun, fun, fun; it’s all in the flick of the wrist.