With the fall season upon us and holidays approaching quickly, some of you might be considering joining a gym in order to maintain those extra calories you’ll be consuming this season. To help you make the best decision for you, we’ve put together a list of gyms that each has their own unique purpose and programs.
A good tip before you begin the slideshow is to right down what’s important to you in a gym membership. Is the location a huge factor? Do you desire to be involved in group fitness classes or are you looking for some one-on-one personal training? Other important factors we recommend you ponder on are the clubs’ hours and if they work with your schedule or not, the actual membership monthly fees, and whether or not extra amenities would be useful to you.
Go ahead and find the right gym for you!
Material Girl Madonna, who is perhaps best known for her pop career, strong arms and healthy lifestyle, is taking her love of fitness and yoga one step further — she’s opening a chain of her own gyms!
Set to open later this month in Mexico City, the chain appropriately called “Hard Candy” (the name of her most recent album) will also eventually have locations in Russia, Brazil, Argentina, Europe and Asia, according to a press release.
Madonna is doing the club in partnership with her manager Guy Oseary and New Evolution Ventures (NEV) with Mark Mastrov, the founder of 24 Hour Fitness. The first Hard Candy Fitness will be a beautiful and uniquely designed 30,000-square-foot space, Mastrov said in a statement.
Read Full Post >
Kansas City is the largest city in Missouri, while it is often mistaken for being located in Kansas. Although it does overlap into both Kansas and Missouri; the majority of the city is located in Missouri.
The Kansas City metro consists of a population of over two million people and Kansas City is home to the Kansas City Royals (baseball) and Chiefs (football). It is known for it’s jazz music as well as it’s food, the world famous Kansas City barbecue. Although there is an abundance of fine cuisine, fitness is of top priority for the Kansas City locals. Below are the best gyms in and around the Kansas City area.
- 24 Hour Fitness: This club has eight elite locations to meet your fitness needs. Low monthly memberships make it hard not to join the 24 Hour family. If you’re looking for a amazing and inexpensive place to exercise, this gym is for you.
Read Full Post >
Miami is South Florida’s mecca for entertainment, music, fashion, film, and performing arts. It’s also known for its wealth of outdoor activities, making it ideal for an active lifestyle. Fitness is a big part of this coastal city, and below are some of the best gyms in and around the Miami area.
Best Gyms in Miami:
- Downtown Athletic Club: Voted “Top 10 Best Fitness Centers in the Country” by MSN. This facility has been in business for almost 30 years and is still helping change lives. If you are looking for a phenomenal place to work out near downtown, this club is for you.
- David Barton Gym: From the cutting edge fitness equipment to the state of the art facility, this gym is beyond comparison. Live DJs and ocean view spa make this gym worth every penny. If you have never checked out this facility, do so as soon as possible.
- Equinox: Equinox is again at the top of the list. This health club is one of the best in the nation and the friendly atmosphere is there to back it up. Memberships are a little high, but totally worth it!
Other noteworthy gyms in the Miami area include:
San Francisco, California is the 12th most populated city in the nation with just over 810,000 people. It’s known for the Golden Gate Bridge and numerous steep rolling hills.
The city’s residents take their fitness seriously. And many of them keep up their healthy lifestyle at some of the top gyms and health clubs in the Bay Area.
Best Gyms In San Francisco:
- Equinox – This health club is among the most exclusive in the nation. Equinox provides its members with state-of-the-art equipment and top-notch fitness classes. If you have never exercised at an Equinox facility, you are definitely missing out!
Read Full Post >