September is one of the best months to schedule a marathon because of its decent yet cooler weather and the hustle and bustle of summer begins to finally wind down. Check below to find a marathon location near you. Good luck and train hard!
September 2011 Marathons:
August is a great time of year to run a marathon in most parts of the country. The majority of marathons are scheduled to begin early in the morning so the heat shouldn’t be unbearable. See below for a few of the best marathons in the month of Augusta near you!
Grizzly Marathon: These marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and kids 5K races are held in Choteau, Montana on August 6, 2011. Choteau is located in northwestern Montana and should be one amazing marathon experience. The marathon is scheduled to start at 5 A.M. for the marathon walkers and 6 A.M. for the regular marathon and half marathon participants. Each marathon participant will receive a finishers medal, a beanie, and t-shirt. Be sure to attend the huge expo before the race for new fitness tips plus some of the top 2011 gear.
Summer is a great time of the year to run a marathon in most parts of the country. Check below for the July marathons close to you. Schedule your July marathon in advance so that you have something to look forward to and have time train hard properly.
Top Marathons in July 2011:
- The San Francisco Marathon: This marathon, half-marathon, progressive marathon, and 5k are held in San Francisco, California on Sunday, July 31, 2011. The marathon is scheduled to have a waved-start schedule beginning at 5:30 a.m. and every ten minutes thereafter. If you have never been to San Francisco, this is your opportunity to do so. Head out and enjoy the scenery (jog across Golden Gate Bridge) while busting a sweat.
- Mad Marathon: Held in Waitsfield, Vermont on Sunday, July 10, 2011. This is the first annual marathon and half-marathon, and relay and these races are being deemed “the world’s most beautiful marathon.” The course travels through picturesque farmland, the Green Mountains, quaint towns, and even promises views of Vermont cows. They also brag that they Mad River Valley is not home to any fast food or chain hotels. The registration dues are $85 for the marathon, and the scheduled start time is 7:30 a.m. (more…)
The month of June is rapidly approaching and if you have not scheduled your June marathon, you need to do so as soon as possible. Check the list below for the marathon closest to you!
Top Marathons In June 2011:
- Casper Wyoming Marathon: This marathon, half marathon, and marathon relay are held in the amazing city of Casper, Wyoming on Sunday June 5, 2011. The marathon takes place at over 5,000 feet above sea level (comparable to Denver), so prepare for that. For more information, please visit: www.runwyoming.com.
- Lake Placid Marathon: This race takes place in Lake Placid, New York on Sunday June 12, 2011. This marathon is ranked the #2 “best destination” race in the nation. The race is scheduled to start at 8 A.M., so please follow the link for more details: www.LakePlacidMarathon.com.
Are you searching for a new exercise routine to get motivated again? There are hundreds upon hundreds of different workout routines and the goal is to find one that works for you. Again, I can never emphasize this enough: the exercise routine that works for your friend or spouse may not work for you. Every “body” is different. So, I recommend searching different styles of workouts until you find one that you enjoy and get the best results from.
The 10 to 1 workout (or 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 workout) was designed to target the entire body as a whole while increasing your heart rate, stamina, and improving your cardiovascular endurance level. The exercises below are coupled together and to be completed as a super-set: do one exercise immediately followed by the other starting at ten repetitions and working your way down to one repetition. For example, the first two exercises are reverse pull-ups and squat jumps. Start by performing ten reverse pull-ups followed by ten squats jumps then move immediately to nine, eight, seven and so on of each exercise without stopping. This will blow your heart rate out of the water and get that sweat dripping right off the end of your nose.
New Mexico is known for cuisine that reflects the combination of the Native American, Mexican, Spanish, and American cultural traditions. A few of the most common foods found in this style of diet are blue corn, enchiladas, sopapillas, and red and green chilies. Green chilies are harvested when they are green and turn to a red color as they ripen. Green chilies are typically known for their somewhat mild, bitter taste and sinus cleansing heat, but the nutritional benefits are often overlooked.
Green chilies are extremely rich in vitamins A and C (the dried version higher in vitamin A while the raw or fresh version is higher in vitamin C). In fact, a single green chili contains six times more vitamin C than an average sized orange. Green chilies are also a good source of the antioxidant beta-carotene, vitamin B and E, and iron and potassium which allows them to help block the body’s absorption of cholesterol and help promotes normal body functioning.
Are you searching for the perfect honeymoon location? What about a fitness-friendly honeymoon location? You could have the best of both worlds: spend valuable time with your loved one while you exercise and stay active. By implementing fitness into your honeymoon, you can build a strong foundation centered around health and wellness. It will be a bond that will last forever. Check out the list of fitness friendly honeymoon locations below that may just be the ticket your searching for!
Las Vegas, Nevada: Where else can you gamble, exercise, and be romantic at the same time? Sin City is the only answer to that question. Walking up and down the strip never gets old and there are endless options of things to do. Spend time swimming in one of the pools, walk or jog up and down the strip, go hiking at Red Rock Canyon, try kayaking at Mead Lake, or go snowboarding or skiing at the Ski Las Vegas Ski Resort.
Amusement parks offer endless enjoyment options for both adults and children, from crazy rides and roller coasters to games and fatty food options. Obviously, walking around all day burns calories and leaves you completely exhausted at the end of the day, but how can you resist the fatty temptations of the luxurious smells and big colorful food stands? Below are the five steps to sticking to your diet while enjoying family time at an amusement park near you.
Five Steps To Enjoying Amusement Parks On A Diet:
1. Eat a rather large healthy breakfast before entering the park. I recommend eating a higher than normal carbohydrate breakfast to help you stay full longer and provide you with plenty of energy to be on your feet all day.
What will technology come up with next? Kraft has done it again! According to Kraft, 70% of the people that enter grocery stores do not know what they are going to have for dinner that night. So, Kraft has designed a grocery store kiosk that allows you to do pretty much anything under the moon when it comes to grocery shopping.
One of the coolest features is that it can scan your face and literally provide you with dinner options and recipes. The camera scans your face and the “anonymous video analytics technology” predicts what you might want eat it for dinner that night. For instance, it will determine if you look like a mom, the kiosk will recommend Oscar Mayer weiners and some Mac ‘n’ Cheese. If you look like a a college student with bloodshot eyes, it will send you to the frozen pizza aisle. How sweet is that?
There is a great deal of hard work that goes into having the body of your dreams. Every “body” is different which requires you to find something that works specifically for you. Your best friend may have just found the answer to his or her fitness dreams, but that answer may not work for you. My advice is to try as many things as you possibly can and figure out which of those allows you to find the results you’ve always wanted.
Obviously, a low fat diet and consistent exercise are the two main ingredients that go into the fitness equation, but there is so much more detail that falls into that equation as well. Staying active throughout the day is vital. Staying on your feet and being active throughout the day will help keep the body an efficient calorie burning machine.