It’s week two at Dance Your Ass Off and the contestants are off and running, or rather dancing. This week was disco week, and we saw the contestants working hard in the gym this week to get them ready to hustle.
Last week the contestants lost a combined 85 pounds, and with this weeks’ combined loss, they’re up to a total loss of 121. Those are big numbers and they’re working to lose that weight in both the gym and on the dance floor. DYAO trainer Lee Wall tells us about the extra leg work he had them doing this week to prepare them for their ’70s dance moves.
Other highlights from this week’s episode include:
- Alicia had a bit of a “moment” screaming into her pillow after she struggled with this week’s choreography. She then cleaned out the cheat cabinet and tossed all the junk food in the trash, declaring that all of that is reminiscent of her old self.
- Some of the disco hits we saw the contestants boogie to included “Funkytown,” “Upside Down,” “Shake Your Groove Thing,” “Turn the Beat Around,” and Michael Jackson‘s “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough.”
- Warren and Brandon found themselves in the bottom two positions. He dances off first to “Do You Think I’m Sexy.” Brandon finds himself at the bottom for the second time, and performs with Yesenia “That’s the Way (I Like it).”
- Based on the combined score of his dance points and weight loss percentage, Warren earns a 5.90 and is sent home.
- Next week – Pole Dancing!
Watch the performances of Mara and Brandon now.
July 7th, 2009