During the past year the Wii Fit has become a breakthrough in fitness for many would-be couch potatoes. And while some reports say that the reality of the Wii Fit is that most of them aren’t being used for fitness, but rather gathering dust in the more than 1.5 million homes with one, more games keep coming out.
This past year, Jillian Michaels’ released her own Fitness Ultimatum for the Wii to lack-luster reviews, and there are rumors that the Biggest Loser will release its own game. But before that, the show’s host Alison Sweeney is giving EA Sports Active Personal Trainer a try.
“When do I have time to go to the gym? It really is like a personal trainer in a box. It’s perfect. I recommend it to all mothers!”, raves the new mom about the game that releases May 19. Alison is also joining 11 others in a 30-Day Challenge, to be the first to try the new game and report their progress. The challenge begins with a spa retreat hosted by Bob Greene, and it’s no surprise that his involvement earned the product a Best Life seal of approval. Other participants include web celebs, mommy bloggers, gamers and daddy bloggers.
EA Sports Active works with the Wii to give you a stimulating workout in the privacy of your own home. With 25 exercises and activities that burn calories and tone muscles, you’ll be able to get gym-like results from your living room, den or game room. Virtual personal trainers will guide you through your Bob Greene-approved workouts, and daily progress reports will keep you motivated to stay on track. Other features you’ll enjoy:
- Multi-player mode lets you workout with a friend, spouse or even the kids!
- Includes a resistance band for more intense workouts.
- Use the included leg strap to have your movements replicated on-screen, and receive feedback to improve your technique.
- Use in conjunction with Wii Balance Board.
- Virtual trainer offers instruction, feedback, motivation and tips.
- Activities includes tennis, dancing, inline skating, boxing, volleyball and 20 others.
- Log foods you eat and activity outside of EA Sports Active.
Pre-order your EA Sports Active Personal Trainer for the Wii now.
March 23rd, 2009