This morning on the Today Show, they discussed eight signs women should not ignore and the causes of them. I found this very informative and helpful information for us all. Below are the five signs and symptoms that women should not ignore that I found to be the most pressing. You can view the list in its entirety at the Today Show.
- Flu-like symptoms: (Fatigue, chills, sweating, nausea) Most likely caused by a virus, but could be a sign of a heart attack. Other signs of a heart attack could be: pain in chest, dizziness, shortness of breath, or pain in the back or arms.
- Burning or tingling feet: Most likely caused by tight fitting shoes, but could be a sign of pre-diabetes. Other signs of diabetes are excessive weight loss, extreme hunger and thirst, or fatigue.
- Bloating: Most likely caused by gastrointestinal bug, but could be a sign of ovarian cancer. Other signs of ovarian cancer could be: difficulty eating or frequent urination.
- Always tired: Most likely caused by the flu, but could be a sign of a sleep disorder. Other signs of a sleep disorder could be: depression, excessive snoring, extreme irritability, or loss of energy.
- New mole: Most likely caused by harmless skin growth, but could be a sign of skin cancer. Other signs of skin cancer could be: mole becomes darker, larger, painful, or itches.
See also Dr. Oz’s Ultimate Health Checklist.
March 16th, 2009