No more 20s!! Are you 30 or older and trying to find helpful ways to lose or maintain weight? The 30s are tough due to the fact that your kids probably rule your life and it is hard to find time for yourself, let alone time to exercise. Below is a list of tips that may help you with this goal.
- Gym membership: Most gyms have remarkable nurseries or youth programs for your kids. I know it is costly, but it is definitely worth the investment.
- Find a partner: Having a partner with the same goals and fitness level is tough, but the motivation aspect of it is outstanding.
- Push yourself: After each bout of exercise, you should be dripping with sweat and your muscles should feel fatigued.
- Extra activity: Try adding in short bouts of exercise after each meal or whenever you are bored. This could include walking, jumping rope, push-ups, crunches, or stairs. Anything to get the heart rate up a little bit.
- Set a goal: Set a short-term and long-term goal and focus on reaching them. Have a reward available after you achieve each goal. This will help keep you accountable and motivated.
- Diet: Stick to a strict diet Monday through Friday and cheat a little on the weekends. The Food Pyramid is a great guide to follow.
- New workouts: Try different styles of exercising that you haven’t tried before. The human body adapts to its surroundings, thus you need to constantly change up your workouts.
- Group fitness: These classes are nice because the instructor runs you through a structured exercise routine and you are surrounded by people with the same motivation and goals.
See the rest of Matt’s How to Lose Weight at Any Age series:
February 17th, 2009