Who isn’t worried about money these days? With job insecurity, stock market tumbles and rising energy costs, most of us don’t have the money to spend on expensive ways to get in shape. Well, thanks to celebrity fitness trainer Valerie Waters and the California Raisins, you can learn tips on how to trim both your body and your budget in 2009.
“Getting in shape requires will power, not spending power,” said Waters. “There are many simple ways to attain fitness goals through diet, exercise and simple planning that will slim your waistline without slimming your wallet.”
Waters knows a thing or two about being healthy. With a client list that boasts names like Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Matt Dillon and Jessica Biel, she is the go-to trainer when Hollywood’s A-listers need to get in shape. Waters has partnered with California Raisins because her philosophy that a balanced mind and body begins with a balanced diet fits in perfectly with America’s favorite dried fruit. Since California Raisins are a convenient source of energy, contain zero fat and pack a full serving worth of fruit in just a 1/4 cup, California Raisins are a wise choice when it comes to healthy snacking.
Waters offers six tips for staying trim on a budget.
1. Eat a healthy breakfast everyday.
2. Bring your lunch to work.
3. Learn how to cook a few satisfying but healthy meals.
4. Make a grown-up playdate and go hiking, take a dance class or go for a scenic bike ride with your spouse or best friend.
6. Ditch unhealthy temptations and instead stock your fridge and pantry with healthy eats like fresh veggies, low-fat dairy and of course raisins!
Here is a preview of Valerie Waters’ philosophy and fitness tips.
February 14th, 2009