Each food below is known to hinder the results of exercise. Most of the foods below will make you feel sluggish, fat, and will reduce your overall energy levels throughout the course of your exercise routines. Food for thought!
Top 10 Worst Workout Foods:
- Fried Catfish: Most (not all) catfish are bottom feeders, which means they feed near the bottom of a body of water and are full of toxins and are not entirely nutritious. They are also deep fried which means they are packed with tons of fat and calories. Choose white fish, or salmon, which is packed with healthy fats and nutrients.
- Canned foods: Canned foods are packed with sodium, trans fat, and preservatives, which can lead to several health issues.
- Bacon: Bacon is full of saturated fat, calories, and sodium. It is more or less the most unhealthy type of meat that you can eat.
- Fast food hamburgers: Loaded with calories, fat, sodium, and sugar, one fast food hamburger usually contains nearly your entire daily value of fat and sodium. That’s just one- most Americans eat more than one.
- Sweets and goodies: These types of foods are extremely high in sugar and fat. They offer absolutely zero nutrition benefits.
- Chips: Potato chips are extremely addictive which makes them even more evil. They are high in fat and sodium, which makes you even hungrier than you were before you ate them. They are also high in unnatural preservatives.
- Lunch meat/hot dogs: Hot dogs are known as a mystery meat. The left over parts of the animals are what goes into hot dogs. They are extremely high in fat, sodium, nitrates and preservatives. Lunch meat is also packed with preservatives and is processed which is extremely difficult for your body to digest and breakdown.
- The french fry: French fries are fried potatoes. They are extremely high in fat, calories, and sodium. Who eats fries without ketchup? Ketchup adds even more problems into the mix as it is packed with sugar.
- Donuts: Donuts are a big part of the American breakfast. A nice warm coffee and a fresh donut and life is good, right? Wrong! Donuts are packed with fat and sugar and the majority of people eat more than one donut per sitting. Don’t do it!
- Soda Pop: Soft drinks are the worst foods possible. Packed with sodium and sugar, these unhealthy drinks not only dehydrate you, but offer the body zero nutritional benefits. Stay away!