Yes, celebs are just like us. They make New Year’s resolutions, too! If you have yet to plan your 2015 goals, look to these famous role models to come up with your own! We like how they’re keeping it simple and realistic.
1. “When people are talking to me, I will listen.” — Matt Preston, MasterChef Australia
Preston goes on to tell the Daily Mail that he does not usually believe in resolutions, but he and his daughter resolved to make this goal together.
2. “I just need to be better this year than I was last year.” — Ne-Yo, singer
He says, “New Year’s resolutions don’t work for me because I’ll be real disciplined for like a week and then I’ll fall off.” Ne-Yo has a good plan regardless: resolve to not make any resolutions. Personally, trying to be overall “better” than you were in a prior year is a perfect resolution.
3. “I don’t make ’em, ’cause I always break ’em.” — Dolly Parton, country starThough Parton has a similar mindset as Ne-Yo, she also went on to tell Female First that she will stay busy, which keeps her energetic. Her other secret? Naps. “Where I am, whatever I’m doing, I take a quick nap.” Not a bad resolution — more naps!
4. “To live in the moment.” — Frank Muytjens, J. Crew menswear designer
6. “Volunteer at the animal shelter. Go to more museums. Work out more regularly.” — Pamela Love, jewelry designer
Love told Gotham Magazine, alongside other famous New Yorkers, her resolutions for 2015. Though working out regularly tops a lot of our lists, volunteering at animal shelters and spending more time in museums are definitely rare and awesome goals.
Happy New Year and good luck with your resolutions!