This healthy and delicious whole grain bread takes 5-10 minutes to prepare (plus baking time). It makes the perfect accompaniment to a holiday meal or a great gift to take to a dinner party. Enjoy!
- 1-3/4 cups whole spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup multigrain cereal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cup soymilk, rice milk or almond milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil (cold-pressed organic preferably)
- ½ cup dried organic cranberries (be sure to use organic dried cranberries found in health food stores since non-organic ones typically contain sulphites.)
Mix dry ingredients (excluding dried cranberries) together in a food processor or mixer. In a separate bowl, whisk liquid ingredients together. Slowly pour into dry ingredients. Mix. Add dried cranberries and mix briefly. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
By Michelle Schoffro Cook for Care2.com
November 24th, 2011