Several female clients of mine have come to me over the past few months and stated that they really wanted to lose weight. I told them to write down everything that they ate and what activities they did each day outside of the workouts that we were doing together. After a few months of keeping a food journal and activity log, every single client saw results and were completely satisfied with how they were feeling and looking.
Below are the top weight loss tips and a sample exercise routine that I use with my clients who are trying to lose weight.
- Keep a Food Log: This will help you see and understand what you are putting into your body
- Keep an Exercise/Activity Log: This will allow you to increase your intensity and length of workouts
- Exercise 5 Days a Week: If you are not sweating, you are not working hard enough
- Drink 64-100 Ounces of Water a Day: Hydration is a huge factor in weight loss and appetite suppression
- Chew Gum: Helps keep the mind and stomach satisfied
- No More Soda: Cut the pop and other sugars out of your diet
- No More Alcohol: Reduce the empty calories
- Reduce T.V. Time: Stay active rather than sitting around and watching television
- Don’t Snack After 7 p.m.: Snack during the day, but not at night because your activity levels have decreased
- Get 8 Hours Of Sleep a Night: Refreshes the body and allows for a more productive day
Try this Weight Loss Routine:
Do 45-60 minutes of cardio, plus:
November 5th, 2009