Going on vacation is a necessity to get away from the hectic everyday life. I just took a week vacation and it was amazing. I rented a car and just drove. I visited Nashville, Indianapolis, Chicago, and St. Louis. Vacation’s are rather expensive now-a-days and its hard to find time or money to hit the local gym. I have come up with a few fitness tips that may help you get that needed exercise without the cost while you’re on the road.
Top Ten Vacation Fitness Tips
1. Go for a walk or jog in the morning to explore the new scenery.
2. Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
3. Walk a few more blocks instead of catching a cab.
4. After your nice morning walk/jog, super-set a few push-ups, crunches, and squats to get a nice little pump in the hotel room. Try and do a couple sets of 15-20 repetitions.
5. Hit the pool for a nice little swim.
6. If driving, stop every so often to stretch or a 5-10 minute walk.
7. If flying or driving, sit in correct posture and flex (squeeze) your abs for as long as you can, repeat.
8. Stay hydrated.
9. Plan fun non-stressful activities that involve moving around and burning calories.
10. Sleep is a necessity, get enough sleep so that you can enjoy your time away.
September 6th, 2008