Fall is upon us, which means winter is right around the corner. Winter is one of my favorite times of the year due to the skiing/snowboarding season. Skiing and snowboarding are both great cardiovascular and lower leg strength and endurance workouts that will give you an intense, all day workout, but you’ll be having too much fun to even notice.
If you have never been skiing or snowboarding, I totally recommend you do so this season. Although skiing/snowboarding is a rather expensive hobby, getting off the chair lift and viewing the wide open snow covered wilderness is completely worth it! Check out the best ski/snowboard resorts in the world below!
Best Skiing/Snowboarding Resorts In The World:
- Whistler/Blackbomb, BC Canada: Hands down, this is the best resort in the world, but lift tickets are $93 per day. This resort has over 200 trails with over 8,000 ski-able acres and the vertical drop is 5,280 feet. Simply amazing!
- Aspen/Snowmass, Colorado: Aspen/Snowmass is one of the best ski resorts in the United States. Aspen offers nearly 6,000 ski-able acres with a vertical drop of around 4,400 feet.
- Zermatt-Matterhorn, Switzerland: This resort offers over thirty chair lifts, tons of ski-able acres, and a vertical drop topping off at over 7,000 feet. Definitely a must ski/snowboard resort.
- Cortina, Italy: Cortina offers over a hundred runs, over fifty lifts, nearly 2,500 ski-able acres, and a vertical drop of just over 6,100 feet. This is Italy’s prime-time ski resort.
- Vail, Colorado: Vail is located less than a hundred miles from Denver (about an hour and a half driving time) in the beautiful Rocky Mountain Range. The Vail back-country is like no other and the fresh powder is to die for. Vail offers over five thousand ski-able acres and a three day lift ticket runs approximately $177. It’s just another one of the Colorado jewels!
What’s your favorite skiing and snowboarding resort?
September 30th, 2010