MTV turned 30 this week. Thirty years ago, August 1, 1981 to be exact, MTV debuted with The Buggles “Video Killed The Radio Star,” and since then reality TV has long ago killed the video star. Plenty of people have grumbled about the absence of music videos on the most famous music video network, so I won’t go further down that road.
The road I will go down, though, is a nostalgia trip down memory lane. Here are some high energy songs from the golden age of MTV to help with your next workout. They also happen to have all been played on the first day MTV aired:
Gym Music Playlist of the Week: MTV Turns 30
Click image to download!
1. The Buggles – Video Killed The Radio Star
2. Pat Benatar – You Better Run
3. Rod Stewart – She Won’t Dance With Me
4. The Who – You Better You Bet
5. Blondie – Rapture
6. The Talking Heads – Once in a Lifetime
7. The Ramones – Do You Remember Rock ‘n’ Roll Radio?
8. The Vapors – Turning Japanese