Family outings and reunions are very popular this time of year and sometimes can be rather boring if you’re not at the lake or other hot spot. I love being outdoors and playing games with the family to waste away a nice relaxing weekend. But make sure to stay well hydrated during the day to avoid any serious injury.
Top Outdoor Family Games/Activities
1. Swimming- Hit that local pool with the family; nothing better than a nice dip on a hot summer day.
2. Playing Catch- Playing catch with a football/baseball is a good way to bond with one another.
3. Volleyball- Set up a small volleyball net in the yard and get a quick game going; fun for all.
3. Basketball- Shoot some hoops or have a nice game of “HORSE”.
4. Croquet- Great game for the entire group; make sure to look up the rules because it’s more fun if you know how to play.
5. Horseshoes- Put a couple rods down and have a good round of shoes; great partner game.
6. Washers- Kind of like horseshoes and challenging as well.
7. Frisbee- Fun, fun, fun; it’s all in the flick of the wrist.
July 24th, 2008