The season premiere of The Biggest Loser is still 71 long days away but NBC is already announcing big changes for the 16th year. This year, Jillian fans will mourn her departure as two new J-name trainers take center stage.
Why, Jillian? Why?
On June 25, NBC announced the news of Jillian’s departure saying, “The Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels have decided to part ways and she will not be returning for season 16 when it airs in the fall.”
This will be Jillian’s third exit from the popular weight loss program.
New Coaches? Hold me. I don’t even know.
In Jillian’s absence, NBC will have big shoes to fill, and evidently it takes two new coaches to do it. With the addition of Jessie Pavelka and Jennifer Widestrom, the coach tally climbs to four. Dolvett Quince, Bob Harper, and host Alison Sweeney have all signed on for season 16.
This will be just the second time in BL history that four coaches have been available to help contestants.
“We are excited to welcome Jessie and Jen into ‘The Biggest Loser’ family, and know they will be valuable players on this life-changing show that continues to inspire millions of people to embrace a healthy lifestyle,” said Paul Telegdy, NBC Entertainment’s president of Alternative and Late Night Programming.
New coach facts. Quick and dirty.
I’m glad the network is excited but why should we be excited? Well, besides having ridiculous bodies, it looks like these two definitely have some fitness street cred. Here are a few fun facts for each of them.
- Star of Lifetime’s reality show DietTribe.
- Featured in several British weight-loss documentaries.
- Fitness expert specializing in extreme weight loss.
- Hosted a series of exercise programs on OWN called “Wake-Up Workout with Gaiam.”
- Earlier this year, he hosted the “Motivation Nation” segments on the U.K. morning show “Daybreak.”
- Fitness expert for Fitbie.com
- Life coach for MSN.com.
- Former star of the NBC series “American Gladiators.”
- Current lead female trainer for the InterContinental Hotel Group’s new “Even” wellness line.
Season 16 of The Biggest Loser begins September 11 on NBC
Photo via – NBC/Today Show
July 2nd, 2014