Health Tap has just released a new line of apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, and the web in order to connect people with more than 12,000 U.S. licensed doctors at any time to answer health-related questions of all kinds. Health Tap is the first and the only company to provide a very specific selection of physicians to help the public find information on the health topics in which they care about most – all for free.
Their goal is to encourage the public to be more engaged in their own health by providing them with a free and easy-to-use service. Studies have shown that more than 80 percent of internet users seek their health information/questions online, and it’s now becoming a mobile trend.
Some of the most useful features include:
- Up-to-date and Personalized Health Information: Follow doctors, topics, and questions to stay up-to-date on the issues that make a difference to you.
- Doctor-to-Doctor Ratings: View each physician’s “DocScore,” a quality score for doctors that involves publicly available data and doctor-to-doctor peer review.
- Directory of Doctors: Find the doctor best suited for you in the world’s most comprehensive mobile doctor directory. You also have the option to start private conversations with them in a HIPAA secure environment for a small fee.
- Schedule Appointments: Connect in person by making appointment requests and direct messages straight from your mobile device.
- Develop a Private Digital Health File: Be in control of your personal health records that are available and transferable at anytime in a secure and private environment.
- Save Time and Money: Skip co-pays and waiting rooms with the free quick appointment prep sheet
- Get Second, Third, Fourth and More Opinions: Find out what they all think with doctors available in 112 different specialties.
“Everyone needs reliable, fast and independent answers to their health questions that come from a caring source they can trust. Working with millions of consumers and more than 12,000 physicians, we’ve learned that the vast majority of people put their trust in doctors, first and foremost, when it comes to their health,” said Founder and CEO of HealthTap Ron Gutman in a press release. “That’s why we’ve created the first comprehensive, consumer-facing mobile health platform and brought on board thousands of the best and most engaged licensed doctors in the U.S. We’re giving people – for the first time – mobile, affordable, and immediate access to top quality health experts and information they can trust.”
You can sign up for a free account at HealthTap.com.
July 9th, 2012