While many new bands appeared on the charts during the ’80s, veteran bands continued to produce hit after hit. There’s something about ’80s music that gets people up on their feet and moving. The ’80s were a very motivational time and the music left behind is there to prove it. Below is a list of the top ’80s motivational workout songs that inspire and get you through those long, sweaty workouts. Good luck!
Top ’80s Workout Songs:
Click to download!
- REO Speedwagon – Take It On The Run
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believin’
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – I Love Rock & Roll
- Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger
- Tommy Tutone – 867-5309/Jenny
- Michael Jackson – Thriller
- Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
- Michael Jackson – Beat It
- Irene Cara – What a Feeling
- Bryan Adams – Summer of ’69
- Survivor: Burning Heart
- Michael Jackson – The Way You Make Me Feel
- The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- Paula Abdul – Straight Up
- Vanilla Ice – Ice Ice Baby
A few of the more popular ’80s sitcoms include “Threes Company,” “Growing Pains,” “The Golden Girls,” “Roseanne,” “Cheers” and “The Cosby Show.” The movies of the ’80s were amazing in their own right. Below is a list of the top movies for each year of the decade.
- 1980: Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back
- 1981: Indiana Jones: Raiders Of The Lost Ark
- 1982: E.T.
- 1983: Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi
- 1984: Ghostbusters
- 1985: Back To The Future
- 1986: Top Gun
- 1987: Three Men And A Baby
- 1988: Rain Man
- 1989: Batman