September is one of the best months to schedule a marathon because of its decent yet cooler weather and the hustle and bustle of summer begins to finally wind down. Check below to find a marathon location near you. Good luck and train hard!
September 2011 Marathons:
- Idaho State Journal Pocatello Marathon: These 12th annual marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and 1.5 mile races are held in Pocatello, Idaho on Saturday September 3, 2011.
- The Kauai Marathon: This series of races is held in Poipu Beach Kauai, Hawaii on Sunday September 4, 2011. The marathon registration dues are $180, but only $95 for active military and the marathon relay is $300 per team (4 members) and $250 per team for active military.
- Heart of America Marathon: This marathon is held in Columbia, Missouri on Monday (Labor Day) September 5, 2011. The start time is 6 A.M. and the registration dues are only $25, so hurry and register today.
- Running Fit Run Woodstock: This series of crazy races are held in Pinckney, Michigan on Saturday September 10, 2011. Bring out the inner hippy in you by registering for this race today.
- Equinox Marathon: Held in Fairbanks, Alaska on Saturday September 17, 2011. If you have never been to Alaska; here’s your chance. Sign-up today for once in a lifetime Alaskan experience.
- Dick Pond Athletics Fox Valley Marathon: These races are held in St. Charles, Illinois on Sunday September 18, 2011. Last year’s race had 82 qualifiers for the Boston Marathon. Come get qualified!
- Adirondack Marathon: This race is held in Schroon Lake, New York on Sunday September 25, 2011. The official Adirondack Marathon website states: “Probably the most beautiful 26 miles/385 yards that you’ll ever run!”
- Lake Tahoe Marathon: Held in South Lake Tahoe on Sunday September 25, 2011. Come check out the amazing scenery of the glorious California landscape while busting a sweat and burning some calories.
Need help getting ready for your marathon? We’ve got you covered:
June 6th, 2011