Summer doesn’t officially start until June 21. But, the weather is starting to warm up, reminding us that it will be swimsuit season soon. Luckily, it’s not too late to lose a little weight before you show off more skin.
No more crash diets, long boring workouts at the gym, or endless fitness class routines. The goal to losing or maintaining weight is to find something that you can stick with and that actually allows you to keep your sanity. Avoid engaging in weekly or monthly diets that you cannot sustain for a long period of time due to the fact that you will probably fall off the bandwagon and eventually be right back where you started.
Below is a quick fitness routine to jump start your metabolism and get that heart a-beating, not to mention a list of the best summer weight loss foods.
Summer Weight Loss Foods:
- Watermelon: Consists mainly of water; a great way to stay hydrated and satisfy that sweet tooth.
- Chilled soups: Low calorie broth soups are ideal for reducing hunger attacks and contain vegetables as well.
- Vegetables: Raw or grilled; either way vegetables are great for satisfying hunger strikes and are low in carbohydrates.
- Grilled chicken: Great way to get the recommended amount of protein without all the fat. Great by itself or in a salad
- Fruity desserts: Avoid the high calorie desserts and indulge in a fruit-based one instead. Bananas, strawberries, cherries, or blueberries all offer endless options for a healthy, but sweet dessert.
Summer Weight Loss Routine:
Walk/jog/bike: 20 Minutes
Hula-hoop: 10 Minutes
Jump rope: 10 Minutes
2 sets of 15 repetitions of the following exercises: