If you’re just a beginner at exercise, it can be rough trying to muster up your motivation. However, once you start doing it, you will feel firsthand the natural high that you experience after a workout.
That “high” you are experiencing is very real. You see, when you exercise your body releases endorphins which are responsible for that mood-boosting feeling you get. It also reduces cortisol levels, a stress hormone.
I know how tough it can get to motivate yourself when you’re just starting out, but once you get a few exercise sessions under your belt and experience how great you feel afterward, it not only gets easier, but you crave it as well.
Until that time comes, here is a little extra motivation in the form of an upbeat workout mix:
Gym Music Playlist of the Week: The Exercise High Mix
Click image to download!
1. The Police – Canary in a Coalmine
2. Pearl Jam – Do The Evolution
3. Beastie Boys – OK
4. Dead Weather – I Cut Like a Buffalo
5. Spoon – Got Nuffin
6. Ed Harcourt – Do As I Say Not As I Do
7. The Rolling Stones – Jumpin’ Jack Flash
8. Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way