- Two explosions have occurred just near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. Two loud booms were reportedly heard from near the finish line, just inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel.
- As a result, race officials have locked down the hotel and the area has been evacuated. The blasts reportedly sounded like thunder.
- Various people are injured but conscious. Spectators are being shepherded to medical tents. No deaths have been reported.
- People are being urged to stay away from trash recepticals and garbage cans, as it is unclear where the explosion originated from.
- Runners are being redirected away from the finish line. As a result, Foursquare founder Dennis Crowley tweeted that he and around 20,000 runners are stuck at a corral at mile 26.
- 3:43p ET: “Trauma nurse tells ABC News that the race’s medical tent has become a makeshift morgue. Dealing with injuries including severed limbs and children with severe burns.”
- 4:00p ET: ABC reports 15 to 20 injured.
- 4:05p ET: 2 dead, 22 injured according to @Boston_Police.
Explosions at Boston Marathon finish line, bloody spectators being carried to the medical tent for runners: apne.ws/116rFj6 -BW
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) April 15, 2013
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 15, 2013
Thoughts and prayers go out to the Boston marathon runners. Awful.
— M. Lovely (@meglovely) April 15, 2013
I’m ok.about 20k of us in corral just before mi 26. marker. @chelsa ok too
— Dennis Crowley (@dens) April 15, 2013
BOSTON (AP) _ Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon result in injuries.
— Barbara Rodriguez (@bcrodriguez) April 15, 2013
if you’re trying to reach a marathon runner, be aware that reports are that cell networks have been swamped: doesn’t mean they’re hurt
— steve o’grady (@sogrady) April 15, 2013
Boston First Responder Radio live feed: broadcastify.com/listen/feed/62…
— Kenton Hansen (@kentonh) April 15, 2013
— Matthew Brender (@mjbrender) April 15, 2013
April 15th, 2013