Finally! Spring time is here! Grass is growing, trees are budding, and flowers are popping up everywhere you look. But, if you suffer from allergies, then you might not be able to see all of the new life that is springing up due to your itchy eyes and runny nose. Yep, it’s official: allergies are in full swing.
For eight years, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America has released a list of the top Allergy Capitals in the USA. The list is based on each city’s pollen scores. The city with the highest pollen amounts was awarded a score of 100 and all other cities were rescaled according to their relative amounts of pollen.
So what if you live in one of the worst allergen cities?
“Don’t pack up and move, because there are just different possible allergies somewhere else,” said Angel Waldron, a communications rep for the Foundation. “The best thing you can do is find out exactly what you’re allergic to and then develop a good management plan.”
Now, without further ado, here are the 10 worst allergy locations in the USA.
- Knoxville, Tennessee. Score = 100
- Louisville, Kentucky. Score = 94.25
- Charlotte, North Carolina. Score = 92.24
- Jackson, Mississippi. Score = 91.64
- Chattanooga, Tennessee. Score = 89.28
- Birmingham, Alabama. Score = 89.17
- Dayton, Ohio. Score = 89.14
- Richmond, Virginia. Score = 88.93
- McAllen, Texas. Score = 88.78
- Madison, Wisconsin. Score = 87.50
Do you suffer from allergies? How do you treat them? Share your home remedies with us in the comments section below!
April 4th, 2011