My trainer came back. Part of my body didn’t want him to and the other part did. Please tell me this gets easier? I know it will be worth it. Today was so hard. Painful. The worst part… I threw up. Half way through I was light headed and nauseous. I drank water. I sat still. I took deep breaths. Nothing was fighting that back. I felt terrible, not to mention embarrassed. Obviously nothing he hadn’t seen before. We rested and got back to it. Toward the end I started to feel sick again and he pretty much told me to go home.
He’s not completely sure why I got sick today. Possibly that I did not have enough to eat today, and that my body is adjusting to this all-out beating it’s receiving. That snack I was supposed to eat before going to the gym? I missed that.
It was a beautiful day outside, so instead of warming up on the treadmill we hit the jogging path. It’s just short of a mile and for today, it was long enough. Today’s routine was a little different that Monday:
- Warm up with jog
- 2 sets lunges
- 2 sets of 30 arm-pull things on weights
- 2 sets of 30 bench squats (rest arms on bench, bottom hanging off side, use arms to pull up)
- Run three flights of stairs, twice
- 2 sets of 30 leg lifts on weight machine (lie on stomach, weights rest of calves, pull up)
- 2 sets of 30 crunches, 5 different ways (these are the most awful thing we do!)
- Lifting weights
- 2 sets of 20:
- Lifting legs, lying flat on back with legs extended, hands under bottom
- Flutter kicks- lying flat with hands under, alternate each leg up and down
- Scissor kicks- lying flat with hands under, legs criss-cross over one another
My post-gym snack today was a cheese stick and half an apple. He told me that especially on the days we work together, eat plenty of fruits (like bananas) and cheese makes a great post-snack because of the sodium and protein.
I’m going to continue posting this entire experience on my way to dropping some unneeded pounds. Keep up in between blog posts at the Diets In Review Twitter page.
Miss my first exercise post, see it here.
April 3rd, 2008