- In an interview with Net-A-Porter magazine, 31-year-old actress and mother of two Jessica Alba admitted to using a corset to achieve her sleek and toned body after babies. The star was quoted as saying “After birth I wore a double corset for three months. It was sweaty but worth it.”
- While corsets can serve many purposes, some rely on them for weight loss because of their supposed ability to create thermal heat through the midsection, causing users to lose inches “through the science of compression,” according to hourglassangel.com.
- Many garments from hourglassangel.com also include latex, which is designed to compress the midsection, increase perspiration - as Alba noted – and flush toxins from the area, collectively speeding weight loss.
- In an experimental report for ABC News, journalist Deborah Roberts wore a corset for two weeks. On day two she admitted being “starving and feeling a bit squeezed…After four or five bites [of salad], I can’t eat anymore. I feel full.”
- Of the experiment, gynecologist Dr. Sara Gottfried said that wearing a corset 24/7 can do a couple things to your body. “Namely, it will be squeezing your ribs so much that you can’t take a deep breath,” she said. “Corsets can squish your lungs by 30 to 60 percent, making you breathe like a scared rabbit. They can also put a kink in your organs and cause constipation.”
Find more information at NBC Latino.
— A_Gallivant (@A_Gallivant) April 26, 2013
Jessica Alba has sparked debate after revealing she wore a corset for THREE months after giving birth: yhoo.it/15LSVYJ
— Yahoo! Lifestyle UK (@YLifestyleUK) April 26, 2013
Image via webpronenews
April 26th, 2013