With a variety of subs, soups and salads, Quiznos seems like a pretty healthy place to eat at for lunch or dinner, but because sometimes things that look healthy aren’t really that good for our waistlines, we decided to take a deeper look at the menu.
Below are meals that met our registered dietitian Rebecca Scritchfield’s healthy guidelines of having less than 500 calories and less than 500 milligrams of sodium, according to the the new daily sodium recommendations. Thankfully, there are quite a few options!
Healthiest Menu Options at Quiznos
1. Half of a Small Turkey Ranch & Swiss Sub. Order this sandwich plain (read: no ranch and Swiss cheese) and have half for 270 calories and 500 milligrams of sodium. Pair it with an apple for some healthy fiber!
2. Half of a Small Tuna Melt Sub. If you’re a seafood lover, try half of this sub with cheese and dressing for 345 calories and 450 milligrams of sodium. Yum!
3. Small Baja Chicken Sub. One of the only full small subs that meet our healthy food criteria, this good-for-you option has 480 calories and 460 milligrams of sodium.
4. Half plain Caprese Sub. When ordered without dressing and cheese, this delicious Italian-inspired sub has just 210 calories and 420 milligrams of sodium. Bring some raw baby carrots from home to make it even healthier.
5. Cantina Chicken Flatbread Sammie Plain with no dressing. Quizno’s Flatbread Sammies are another option for those who grow tired of eating subs. This high-protein meal has 230 calories and 490 milligrams of sodium.
6. Veggie Flatbread Sammie with no dressing or cheese. Another Flatbread Sammie option, this vegetarian meal has just 200 calories and 420 milligrams of sodium. Pair it with some fruit or raw veggies for a filling meal.
7. Any Small Chopped Salad without dressing, cheese and add-ins. All of the small chopped salads on the Quiznos’ menu have about 100 calories and 350 milligrams of sodium when ordered without the dressing, cheese and add-ins. Bring your own low-sodium dressing from home to top them without all that extra salt.
Do you frequent Quiznos? Does this change what your next order will be?