The 2012 Lollapalooza line up was just announced. More than 130 artist will take the stage in Chicago’s Grant Park this August. During 20 years, the music festival has seen many changes, but one thing remains the same, music is priority number one. This year’s festival is loaded with great music and more.
Lollapalooza 2012 will take place August 3-5. While you’re eagerly awaiting the show, grab our Lollapalooza 2012 gym playlist and get festival fit while rockin’ out to some of the headliner’s hits.
2012 Lollapalooza Gym Playlist
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Under the Bridge” (Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Sept.1991)
2. The Black Keys – “Tighten Up” (Brothers, May 2010)
3. Black Sabbath – “Iron Man” (Paranoid, 1970)
4. Florence and the Machine – “Dog Days are Over” (Lungs, July 2009)
5. Passion Pit – “Sleepy Head” (Manners, April 2010)
6. Franz Ferdinand – “Take Me Out” (Franz Ferdinand, May 2003)
7. Band of Skulls – “Light of the Morning” (Baby Darling Doll Face Honey, 2009)
8. The Shins – “New Slang” (Oh, Inverted World, June 2001)
9. Sigur Ros – “Hippopolli” (Takk.. Sept. 2005)
10. Metric – “Help I’m Alive” (Fantasies, April 2009)
Lollapalooza started in 1991 when Jane’s Addiction lead singer Perry Farrell attempted to host a farewell show. The project took off and birthed a tradition. Lollapalooza is known for its vast span of styles. The first year saw alternative bands like Nine Inch Nails share the stage with rapper Ice-T.
This year will be no exception. Chicago’s Grant Park, the official home of Lollapalooza, will see electronica bands share the 115 acre space with hip-hop artists and even reggae groups. The festival is dedicated to rocking responsibly and has introduced even more great features. Fans can find space to park their bicycles, shop at the local farmer’s market set up on the grounds, or even earn rewards for recycling.
Try these other playlists: