There are a number of tools to help you live the Biggest Loser lifestyle at home. The brand has extended itself to books, DVDs, frozen food and a meal delivery service, kitchen appliances, and more. Less than 200 people have ever been able to set foot on the coveted ranch and train in the country’s most famous gym, but that doesn’t mean the millions of other people watching from home can’t train the way they do.
In April 2011, Cybex and Biggest Loser will unveil the first-ever piece of Biggest Loser-branded fitness equipment. The Biggest Loser Arc Trainer is a first-of-its-kind piece of aerobic equipment made for residential use and mirrors the Cybex Arc Trainer used on the ranch. Condense your home gym into one piece of equipment, as the Biggest Loser Arc Trainer combines all the benefits of a ski machine, stepper and elliptical trainer for an all-in-one aerobic workout with a serious calorie burning affect. In fact, according to university research, the Biggest Loser Arc Trainer burns 16 percent more calories than an elliptical. As crunched as we all are for time, who doesn’t want to get more out of their standard workout?
We had an opportunity to test-drive the new Biggest Loser Arc Trainer in person at the IHRSA conference in San Francisco. We came back using one word to describe the workout: fluid. The movement of the machine in parallel to our bodies felt completely natural, unlike the oft jerky motions and feeling like you’re fighting against the machine. There’s no more wasted energy, instead it’s focused on a legitimate calorie-burning workout you can do in the comfort of your own home.
Patrick House, winner of Biggest Loser season 10, credits Cybex with helping him lose the 181 pounds that secured his win. “My win was literally powered by CYBEX. I especially love the Arc Trainer, which enabled me to burn more calories in less time. I spent hours on it every day on the Ranch,” he says. More calories in less time? Whose schedule doesn’t want that kind of convenience?
Some important facts about the Biggest Loser Arc Trainer by Cybex include:
- Optimal loading balancing between the knee and hip, which means you will work more muscle groups simultaneously, which presents less stress on individual muscles. All of this gives you greater burn with less perceived exertion.
- A reduction in joint stress typically experienced during machine workouts.
- Optimal muscle recruitment, which means you’ll work more muscle groups at once.
- The only machine to enlist SSF, or Same Side Forward, which means your arms and legs move together and you can alternate upper and lower body concentration.
- Equipped with wireless heart rate receiver so that you can strive to work within your target heart rate.
- A full digital display lets you read stats like calories burned per hour, distance climbed, strides per minute, incline or resistance level, and your profile.
- It’s not bulky and would easily fit in a home gym, office, basement or bedroom without getting in the way. (Dimensions: 71″ x 28.5″ x 62″)
- 12 pre-set programs, plus Quick Start, to help you get more out of your workout. Most notable is the Biggest Loser program, where you decide the calorie burn goal, between 20 to 9999. You adjust the incline and resistance level to your liking, and the machine counts down until you meet the goal.
If you’re interested in upping the game of your home workouts, then consider an investment in the Cybex Biggest Loser Arc Trainer. Click here to visit Cybex and learn more.
March 30th, 2011