- In place of chocolate, try those newer fruit basket assortments. Or some delicious assorted nut boxes (avoid the chocolate and/or candy covered ones).
- Plan a picnic (weather permitting) where you can enjoy a romantic sunset while taking a stroll and burning a few calories.
- Put together your own gift basket, things to include could be candles, books, a favorite bottle of wine, nuts, lotions, etc. You’ll know what he/she would want. Be creative!
- Cook dinner at home. This will not only help save money, but you will know how the food was prepared and which ingredients were used, therefore there are no surprise calorie shocks!
- Do a candlelight meditation together. Help clear your mind while bringing you and your partner on a new intimacy level.
- Need some gift ideas? Why not try out a cool, healthy cookbook. That kind of gift can be used over and over and both of you will benefit from healthier eating and trying out new foods together.
The idea of all this, is realizing there are healthy ways of saying “I love you” besides a box of chocolates, a dinner out, and a movie. Be creative and think of a fun way you and your Valentine can show each other love while protecting your health and waist line! Do you have any ideas to share?