It’s time to stop making the donuts. Instead, how about it’s time to make the 300 calorie or less egg white flatbread sandwiches? Dunkin’ Donuts recently unveiled its new DDSmart menu, full of low-fat and low-calorie options like breakfast sandwiches, coffee Coolatas with skim milk and reduced-fat blueberry muffins.
Similar to Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts is doing their best to appeal to those of us who love donuts and coffee, but can’t eat them everyday. So to keep up with America’s effort to trim our waistlines, Dunkin’ Donuts has baked up some healthier breakfast and coffee options that won’t sabotage our daily calorie quota. But don’t worry, your favorite Bavarian Kreme donut isn’t going anywhere.
Here’s the new DDSmart menu:
- Egg White Flatbread Sandwiches: These yummy and perfectly toasted sammies come in two flavors: veggie or turkey sausage. Each one contains less than 300 calories and 25% less fat than other breakfast sandwiches.
- English Muffin Sandwiches: You can nosh on the Dunkin’ Donuts version of the Egg McMuffin for about 300 to 350 calories. These are served with a fluffy egg, slice of cheese and ham for the non-vegetarians.
- Multigrain Bagel: With 16 grams of protein and 10 grams fiber, it is nutritious, but it also sports 400 calories.
- Reduced-fat Blueberry Muffin: Yes, it’s reduced fat, but this yummy pastry contains 450 calories and 10 grams of fat so you might want to split it with someone.
- Lite Lattes: Choose from a number of hot or iced coffee drinks made with skim milk and slurp up only 25 to 70 calories for each small serving.
- Coffee Coolatas: This milkshake-java combination sports only 140 calories for a small made with skim milk. Yum!!!
- Reduced-Calorie Fruit Smoothies: These cool and tart options contains 25% less sugar and calories than most fruit smoothies.
I recently picked up a Dunkin’ Donuts flatbread sandwich and Lite Latte. The flatbread tasted almost too decadent to be eating so early in the morning and for only 290 calories. I give it an enthusiastic thumbs up!
With low-cal breakfast sandwiches, bagels packed with protein and lattes without the fat, maybe Dunkin’ Donuts’ better-for-you choices really do keep you running.
Try a DDSmart menu item for free! We’re giving one MyDIR member a Dunkin’ Donuts $5.00 gift card. Sign-up for MyDIR today to be eligible!
Dunkin’ Donuts generously provided Heather with sample product, but this review is her own opinion and was not sponsored in any way.
February 13th, 2009